Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Interpret each line in Unix?

Interpret each line in Unix?

novice

How to trace each line of code and see the respective output
as we can do in Turbo C in windows.
Is there any IDE in Unix for that, If not Is there any mothod
to trace output of each line.

Ian Malone

novice wrote:
> How to trace each line of code and see the respective output
> as we can do in Turbo C in windows.
> Is there any IDE in Unix for that, If not Is there any mothod
> to trace output of each line.

This is best asked at comp.unix.programmer, the answer is probably
yes, but almost certainly depends on which Unix and maybe what
compiler. I know it can be done in Linux with gcc + kdbg (a kde
gui for the GNU debugger gdb).

--
imalone

Richard G. Riley

"novice"posted the following on 2006-03-10:

> How to trace each line of code and see the respective output
> as we can do in Turbo C in windows.
> Is there any IDE in Unix for that, If not Is there any mothodLinu
> to trace output of each line.

For GnuC you have this site :

http://www.unknownroad.com/rtfm/gdbtut/gdbtoc.html

Keywords are gcc,gdb.

You'll be better off in a unix or linux forum than here though.

--
"A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world" - LeCarre.