Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C user interface

C user interface

qazinor

Hello,

I have a C little program wich takes some text as input and process it.
I would like to make a friendly user interface. I thought i could do it
with tcl/tk, but it turns out that it is not as easy as it
looks(or...). I just need to take the user input(text) and send it over
the c program for treatement. I'm not quite sure if tcl/tk is the best
choise. Anyone knows how to do this without much pain?

Thank You

Nelu

qazinor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a C little program wich takes some text as input and process it.
> I would like to make a friendly user interface. I thought i could do it
> with tcl/tk, but it turns out that it is not as easy as it
> looks(or...). I just need to take the user input(text) and send it over
> the c program for treatement. I'm not quite sure if tcl/tk is the best
> choise. Anyone knows how to do this without much pain?

This is off-topic here.

<OT>
Depends on your OS. You may want to take a look at gtk (www.gtk.org),
it's cross platform and LGPL.
</OT>

--
Ioan - Ciprian Tandau
(... and that it still works...)

SM Ryan

"qazinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
# Hello,
#
# I have a C little program wich takes some text as input and process it.
# I would like to make a friendly user interface. I thought i could do it
# with tcl/tk, but it turns out that it is not as easy as it
# looks(or...). I just need to take the user input(text) and send it over
# the c program for treatement. I'm not quite sure if tcl/tk is the best
# choise. Anyone knows how to do this without much pain?

You'll get a more civil response in comp.lang.tcl. However what
you're asking is unclear. You can exec any program, passing a
string as command line argument or as stdin, and capture the
stdout or stderr. If you're to make a Tk GUI which communicates
with various programs to do computations, other people in the
Tcl community have experience doing this, communicating with
exec, bidirectional pipes, sockets, etc.

--
SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
I ASSURE YOU WE'RE OPEN!

qazinor

To whom it may concern, I found what I was looking for
http://etude.uwaterloo.ca/~ctrudeau/..._tk/tcl_C.html.
I really thought that there was a more simple way to do this.

Thank You.