Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Turbo C help

Turbo C help

Hiten

hi all,

this is my 1st message. i am a beginner in C.

can anyone help me out with the following Turbo C problem.
i am unable to complile my programs. i.e. instead of compiling my
program the s/w compliles something else
(tc\inclde\iostream....something of this sort of a file pops up). i
tried hard to get out of this but to no avail. any help will be
appreciated.

Also can u help me find a good reference on how to efficiently use
Turbo C/C++

bye.

Thanks,
Hiten.

Vladimir S. Oka

Hiten wrote:
> hi all,
>
> this is my 1st message. i am a beginner in C.
>
> can anyone help me out with the following Turbo C problem.
> i am unable to complile my programs. i.e. instead of compiling my
> program the s/w compliles something else
> (tc\inclde\iostream....something of this sort of a file pops up). i
> tried hard to get out of this but to no avail. any help will be
> appreciated.
>
> Also can u help me find a good reference on how to efficiently use
> Turbo C/C++

Your question is off-topic here. Try one of the Borland groups. Also,
read these:

http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/Intro_to_clc
http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/

--
BR, Vladimir

pete

Hiten wrote:

> i am unable to complile my programs. i.e. instead of compiling my
> program the s/w compliles something else
> (tc\inclde\iostream....something of this sort of a file pops up). i
> tried hard to get out of this but to no avail. any help will be
> appreciated.

Trying making your program source code file name
in the form of
a word followed by a dot and a lower case 'c'.

"Hello.c"

I'm guessing that your compiler thinks you want to
compile as a c++ programm.

--
pete

Gowtham

I'm not sure if this works. but try this.

In Compile menu, there is something called as "Primary File". Just
clear it and see.

Keith Thompson

"Gowtham" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I'm not sure if this works. but try this.
>
> In Compile menu, there is something called as "Primary File". Just
> clear it and see.

Aaarrrggghhh!!

Read <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>. Do it now. Do it before
you post another followup here. Tell all your friends about it.
Complain to Google for making you look like a fool.