Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > To "Eric"

To "Eric"

Orbit

Thanks for the support!

I was wondering what to do now, like get a job & use what
I know (while finishing MCSD in spare time), or go on for
more certs first. There's positives to both ways.

Am I correct in understanding that you suggest to keep
going, while my brain is still sizzling?

Orbit

Eric

Orbit wrote:

> Thanks for the support!
>
> I was wondering what to do now, like get a job & use what
> I know (while finishing MCSD in spare time), or go on for
> more certs first. There's positives to both ways.
>
> Am I correct in understanding that you suggest to keep
> going, while my brain is still sizzling?
>
> Orbit

Yes and no.

Getting a job now is a great idea if you can find one that's going to
give you good experience. At this point, high pay should NOT be your
primary concern. You need experience to secure your future, and it's
worth it to take a lower paying job if they will give you the
experience you need. After one or 2 years you can either renegotiate or
find a higher paying position.

I'm assuming you don't have other experience as a programmer? I
apologize that I don't remember if you mentioned this in an earlier
post. If you already have a number of years as a programmer, then you
need to leverage that when ou go for a job now. Even if you used a
radically different language, it's still useful to have real world
experience, and you should list this on your resume. Let me know what
your background is and I can help you more. If you'd like help
preparing the resume, get a freebie email addr at Yahoo or msn, and
give me the info. I don't want to discuss personal details in this
forum.

I think it's wise to keep studying, but I would hold down the number of
hours for studying if you can get a job now.

I always study at lunchtime, and 30 - 60 minutes a night, as possible.
I've gotten into the habit of turning off the TV at 9pm, and then doing
some C# exercises.

I would never ask anyone to avoid searching for a job so they can
study. The job is more important to you in the long run. A little bit
of study each week, along with a job, is a good choice.

Eric

Orbit

Hi Eric,

You are a wealth of info & help...I appreciate you so
much!

My yahoo account is "(E-Mail Removed)". And yes,
I'd love help with my resume. I have one, but I'm sure it
could be refined "from a programmer's stance".

I have NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER. I have other certs in
JavaScript, etc which I'll elaborate on through the yahoo
account. See you there!

Orbit