Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > drawbacks of linux

drawbacks of linux

munni

hi
i want to know the drawbacks of linux. how does linux differ from
windows and other operating systems? its advantages over other
operating systems
thanking u
usha

Ian Collins

munni wrote:
> hi
> i want to know the drawbacks of linux. how does linux differ from
> windows and other operating systems? its advantages over other
> operating systems
> thanking u
> usha

You want to know 3 times?

Try one of the flame advocacy groups...

--
Ian Collins.

santosh

munni wrote:
> hi
> i want to know the drawbacks of linux. how does linux differ from
> windows and other operating systems? its advantages over other
> operating systems

Linux like any other operaing system has drawbacks. But since it is the
based on the UNIX design is much more better than Windows.

Windows research is done by only Microsoft whereas Linux research and
development is done by many companies and university.

For more technical details you have to search in google. In terms of
security and stabality, Linux is considered best. Also, Super Computer
use Linux or Unix only, not windows.

Why Tea

<Windows research is done by only Microsoft whereas Linux research and
<development is done by many companies and university.

This is true, but it may actually be a good thing for Windows. Remember
the days when there were quite a few variants of Unix, which went in
quite different directions? Linux is probably the most unified Unix of
all and hence it enjoys today's popularity.

Going it alone, Windows managed to set and create many standards of its
own since the Dos days. Good or bad, once you know Windows, you can
almost drive any Windows machine. The same probably can't be said for
Linux, unless you are a seasoned Linux user.

>For more technical details you have to search in google. In terms of
>security and stabality, Linux is considered best. Also, Super Computer
>use Linux or Unix only, not windows.

Can't agree more.

Grumble

munni wrote:
> i want to know the drawbacks of linux. how does linux differ from
> windows and other operating systems? its advantages over other
> operating systems

What made you think comp.lang.c was the right place to ask?

Try comp.os.linux.advocacy

Al Balmer

On 8 Feb 2006 03:28:48 -0800, "Why Tea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Good grief. All three of you, "Why Tea", "santosh", and "munni" who
thinks this is a chat room, are in the wrong place. This is
comp.lang.c, where we discuss the C language, not Linux, and not
operating systems.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Al Balmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 8 Feb 2006 03:28:48 -0800, "Why Tea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>Good grief. All three of you, "Why Tea", "santosh", and "munni" who
>thinks this is a chat room, are in the wrong place. This is
>comp.lang.c, where we discuss the C language, not Linux, and not
>operating systems.

I suppose that depends on to which "we" you are referring.

I would imagine that if any of "Why Tea", et al used that pronoun, they
would be referring to the group of people who *are* discussing Linux, etc.

Nikesh

Hi Munni or Usha (r u from India ?)

start learning Linux as early as possible , it's easy

it will open many doors to make a smart career in IT line.

popularity of Linux is more than WIndows in Industry

Nikesh Shah

Keith Thompson

"santosh" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> munni wrote:
>> hi
>> i want to know the drawbacks of linux. how does linux differ from
>> windows and other operating systems? its advantages over other
>> operating systems

> Linux like any other operaing system has drawbacks.

[snip]

santosh, please don't encourage off-topic posts by replying to them.

munni, find a Linux newsgroup. This isn't it.

santosh

Keith Thompson wrote:
> santosh, please don't encourage off-topic posts by replying to them.
>
> munni, find a Linux newsgroup. This isn't it.

Sorry, I will take care next time.

drawbacks of linux munni C Programming 1 02-08-2006 11:44 AM
drawbacks of linux munni C Programming 0 02-08-2006 10:19 AM
Drawbacks of using x64 wewa Windows 64bit 1 11-24-2005 09:31 PM
Are there drawbacks to Cookieless Sessions Logician ASP .Net 6 09-19-2005 04:09 AM
ENCTYPE="Multipart/Form-Data" Any Drawbacks? Lucas Tam ASP .Net 2 07-15-2004 07:45 PM

Advertisments