Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > how to develop library ( .a and .so files) ! URGENT!!!

how to develop library ( .a and .so files) ! URGENT!!!

zoltan

Gordon Burditt wrote:
> > This is not homework but something related to my project. One of my
> >modules is to develop a generic library for the DNS NAPTR Query and I
> >don't have any previous experience in this.

> Code does not have to be in a generic library, or even in a library,
> to function. You can simply write some functions and include
> these functions (in the form of source code file(s)) in the set
> of files compiled for each program. If you need working programs,
> figuring out how to make libraries should not be a source of
> urgency.
>
> Gordon L. Burditt

Hi,
The concept would work great with me but my Manager wants me to
develop such a library. It is for the sake of the specs given to me
that I have to develop this library.

zoltan

Sunil Varma wrote:
> zoltan wrote:
> > Keith Thompson wrote:
> > >
> > > Then perhaps posting to Usenet wasn't the best way to get information.

> > > Why do you need to do this, and why is it so urgent? Is this
> > > homework?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
> > > San Diego Supercomputer Center <*> <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
> > > We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do this.

> > Hi,
> > This is not homework but something related to my project. One of my
> > modules is to develop a generic library for the DNS NAPTR Query and I
> > don't have any previous experience in this.
> > Regards,

> This may be of some help.
>
> http://users.actcom.co.il/~choo/lupg...libraries.html
>
> Regards

Hi Sunil,
Thanks so much for the link. Yes, that's exactly what I wanted. Thanks
again!
Regards,

Timmy.

Keith Thompson

(E-Mail Removed) (Gordon Burditt) writes:
>> This is not homework but something related to my project. One of my
>>modules is to develop a generic library for the DNS NAPTR Query and I
>>don't have any previous experience in this.

> Code does not have to be in a generic library, or even in a library,
> to function. You can simply write some functions and include
> these functions (in the form of source code file(s)) in the set
> of files compiled for each program. If you need working programs,
> figuring out how to make libraries should not be a source of
> urgency.
>
> Gordon L. Burditt

Gordon, *please* don't snip attributions. Thanks.

CBFalconer

zoltan wrote:
> Gordon Burditt wrote:
>
>>> This is not homework but something related to my project. One
>>> of my modules is to develop a generic library for the DNS NAPTR
>>> Query and I don't have any previous experience in this.

>> Code does not have to be in a generic library, or even in a
>> library, to function. You can simply write some functions and
>> include these functions (in the form of source code file(s)) in
>> the set of files compiled for each program. If you need working
>> programs, figuring out how to make libraries should not be a
>> source of urgency.

> The concept would work great with me but my Manager wants me to
> develop such a library. It is for the sake of the specs given to
> me that I have to develop this library.

Argue about it. The time to put things in a library is after they
have been thoroughly tested and their interface shown viable.
Especially the interface. In general the standard library
interfaces have been shown to be useful and viable, apart from
gets.

Cart, horse, order, relative, of. Man, mouse, which?

--
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943