Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Online programming challeges?

Online programming challeges?

pravink

Hi all,
I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites? Focus
should be on algorithm development and programming skills.

For example, I found this (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but
seems they have stopped it now...

thanks in advance,
pravink

pepsior

www.topcoder.com is a very good site in my opinion.Maybe there are something u perfer.
"pravink" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
Hi all,
I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites? Focus
should be on algorithm development and programming skills.

For example, I found this (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but
seems they have stopped it now...

thanks in advance,
pravink

Vladimir S. Oka

pravink wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
> challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites?
> Focus should be on algorithm development and programming skills.
>
> For example, I found this
> (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but seems they have stopped
> it now...

You may find this interesting as well: www.ioccc.org

Cheers

Vladimir

--
Do what comes naturally now. Seethe and fume and throw a tantrum.

Vladimir S. Oka

Vladimir S. Oka wrote:

> pravink wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
>> challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites?
>> Focus should be on algorithm development and programming skills.
>>
>> For example, I found this
>> (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but seems they have stopped
>> it now...

More seriously, though, you may try following one of these bounties:

http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/index.p...d8efc19a669eb3

Cheers

Vladimir

--
You can measure a programmer's perspective by noting his attitude on
the continuing viability of FORTRAN.

CBFalconer

pepsior wrote:

> Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> Encoding: quoted-printable

Do not post html or mime encoding in usenet. They are a security
risk.

--
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943

Dominik Werder

a mixture of math and programming can be found at:

http://mathschallenge.net/index.php?section=project

bye!
Dominik

Jack Klein

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:59:50 -0500, CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in comp.lang.c:

> pepsior wrote:
> >
> > Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> > Encoding: quoted-printable

> Do not post html or mime encoding in usenet. They are a security
> risk.

Not to real newsreaders, they're not.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Robert Gamble

pravink wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
> challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites? Focus
> should be on algorithm development and programming skills.
>
> For example, I found this (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but
> seems they have stopped it now...

http://www.topcoder.com/tc
http://acm.uva.es/problemset/

Robert Gamble

pravink

Vladimir Wrote:
> http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/index.p...le=viewforum&f...

Hi all, thanks for replies.

Vladimir, your link does'nt look like abosolute link...couldn't reach
there...

James Dow Allen

pravink wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
> challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites? Focus
> should be on algorithm development and programming skills.

Al Zimmermann's contests, are good, though in a sense not
"programming." (You submit optimizations which can, in principle, be
achieved
with a ouija board rather than computer!)

There are about three contests a year. One just finished:
http://www.recmath.org/contest/index.php
A new one will be starting in a few weeks.

James