Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > How to find the dependencies among C files

How to find the dependencies among C files

Nadia

Hi,
How can to you find the dependencies among c files , if you have to
compile someone else's project . I heard about make depend , but dont
know how to use it.
Any help will be greatly appreaciated.
Thanks

Mark McIntyre

On 26 Jan 2006 15:33:52 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "Nadia"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
> How can to you find the dependencies among c files , if you have to
>compile someone else's project . I heard about make depend , but dont
>know how to use it.

This is a toolset question, which is outside the scope of CLC.

If you ask in a programming group for your particular platform, they
may have some ideas. A websearch may also help.

Mark McIntyre
--Brian Kernighan

Jack Klein

On 26 Jan 2006 15:33:52 -0800, "Nadia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
comp.lang.c:

> Hi,
> How can to you find the dependencies among c files , if you have to
> compile someone else's project . I heard about make depend , but dont
> know how to use it.
> Any help will be greatly appreaciated.
> Thanks

Usenet groups are not chat rooms. Wait at least 24 hours before
repeating a post.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com