Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Certification vs Degree

Certification vs Degree

msnews.microsoft.com

I heard somebody said Degree are more valuable than Certification. And,
whatever your certification is, degree is the first thing companies
considers.
Is that true?

Franco Figun

Yes.....dependes if you are a deegre but you don't have experience...the
certification give you experience and espcecialization....

--
FF
www.francofigun.com.ar

"msnews.microsoft.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I heard somebody said Degree are more valuable than Certification. And,
> whatever your certification is, degree is the first thing companies
> considers.
> Is that true?

John Nelson

The degree is absolutely important! Any self-respecting
company should REQUIRE both.

Schfooge

"Franco Figun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes.....dependes if you are a deegre but you don't have experience...the
> certification give you experience and espcecialization....

It would be nice if this were the case, but it's possible to get the
certifications with with little or no experience - and many do.

Yes, there are companies (hack shacks) which places more value on a
certification than a degree, but you would not want to work for them.

"msnews.microsoft.com" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I heard somebody said Degree are more valuable than Certification. And,
> whatever your certification is, degree is the first thing companies
> considers.
> Is that true?

>Yes, there are companies (hack shacks) which places more value on a
>certification than a degree, but you would not want to work for them.

lol! Are there any of those companies left?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>It would be nice if this were the case, but it's possible to get the
>certifications with with little or no experience - and many do.

Agreed

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>The degree is absolutely important! Any self-respecting=20
>company should REQUIRE both.

A degree does not give one experience of what happens in the real
world. As such, many companies don't give a stuff about a degree when
looking to hire experienced people.

Many so called 'recruitment companies' use education as filter because
they simply don't understand the business of finding the right person
for a particular role within any given company. For me I can't
understand why companies use those 'recruitment companies' to find
them employees - mad.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>Yes.....dependes if you are a deegre but you don't have experience...the
>certification give you experience and espcecialization....

Unfortunately that's rubbish. Anyone can pass these exams, and
preparing for them does not give you real world experience.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>I heard somebody said Degree are more valuable than Certification. And,
>whatever your certification is, degree is the first thing companies
>considers.
>Is that true?

Nope, experience is (or should be) what they look for, period...

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

2 year AAS degree (w/certs) vs. 4 year CIS degree smolderingwick Microsoft Certification 0 02-06-2011 04:44 PM
converting MCSE degree to university degree mcp farahani MCSE 2 11-13-2009 06:53 PM
Counting down an integer vector from the highest degree (111) to the lowest degree (000) Matt Chwastek C++ 6 11-20-2006 10:51 PM
College degree or Certification? MCSE 57 01-17-2006 06:28 PM
Degree VS Certification Robert Lie Microsoft Certification 30 09-22-2005 08:49 PM

Advertisments