Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Accessing web through C/Perl in Unix

Accessing web through C/Perl in Unix

Darshan

I have n number of C files which have French + English comments in
them.
Now i have written a code which greps all the comments.
What is the best way to get the comments translated using a online
translator
(like bablefish or google ...) and write all the translated texts back
to the
respective C files.
Any pointers over the solution in C/Perl under Unix would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Vladimir S. Oka

Darshan wrote:
> I have n number of C files which have French + English comments in
> them.
> Now i have written a code which greps all the comments.
> What is the best way to get the comments translated using a online
> translator

You're probably better of right now with French+English comments.
Machine translation is still very, very far away from being useful. If
you want something translated properly, hire a professional translator,
or at least a native speaker with some knowledge of the target area. A
good place to look are sci.lang.translation.* newsgroups.

> (like bablefish or google ...) and write all the translated texts back
> to the
> respective C files.
> Any pointers over the solution in C/Perl under Unix would be helpful.

In this respect, comp.programming, comp.unix.* and/or Perl-related
newsgroups may be better places to get help. This group can be useful if
you have a stab at (ANSI) C solution, and encounter problems/questions.

> Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

Vladimir

--
My e-mail address is real, and I read it.