Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > macros with an example program to new learner

macros with an example program to new learner

Jawad Hussain

Hi,

I am learning C-language (new to computer and c).

Please tell me about macros, can u give an example program for macros
with explanation in each step. Kindly give a link, if the question is
too trivial.

Thanks
Jawad

Michael Mair

Jawad Hussain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am learning C-language (new to computer and c).
>
> Please tell me about macros, can u give an example program for macros
> with explanation in each step. Kindly give a link, if the question is
> too trivial.

Get a decent textbook; around here, K&R2 often is recommended.
See also
http://c-faq.com/resources/books.html
and
http://c-faq.com/sx2/index.html

Cheers
Michael

Richard Heathfield

Jawad Hussain said:

> Hi,
>
> I am learning C-language (new to computer and c).
>
> Please tell me about macros, can u give an example program for macros
> with explanation in each step. Kindly give a link, if the question is
> too trivial.

Buy "The C Programming Language", 2nd edition, by Kernighan and Ritchie.

See pages 88-92.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999