Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > less than 1% increase in MCSD .NET certs

less than 1% increase in MCSD .NET certs

Paul O'T

There was only a very small increase (<1%) in the number of MCSD .NET
certifications in the last 6 weeks.

From March 02 to April 14, 2004:
MCSD .NET: +70 (from 7,674 to 7,744)
MCSD: +230 (from 44,920 to 45,150)

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the smallest increase since the
introduction of the MCSD .NET certification? I was hoping to see more MCADs
certifying as MCSD .NET. These figures also show that there were 3 times
more MCSD than MCSD .NET certs in that same time frame.

Paul

Kevin

Where did you get these numbers?

When you say from 7,674 to 7,744 is that a Year To Date
total?

Me2

Paul,

I think that what we are seeing is the fact that the VB6 exams are retiring
at the end of June. Perhaps there are individuals that started and never
finished up the exams for certification. Now that the exams are retiring,
they have to hurry up and finish the certification. This still has value,
since the certifications will remain in effect, the exams are only being
stopped.

--
Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the
"Paul O'T" <00000@0000.000> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There was only a very small increase (<1%) in the number of MCSD .NET
> certifications in the last 6 weeks.
>
> From March 02 to April 14, 2004:
> MCSD .NET: +70 (from 7,674 to 7,744)
> MCSD: +230 (from 44,920 to 45,150)
>
> Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the smallest increase since the
> introduction of the MCSD .NET certification? I was hoping to see more

MCADs
> certifying as MCSD .NET. These figures also show that there were 3 times
> more MCSD than MCSD .NET certs in that same time frame.
>
> Paul

Paul O'T

Cumulative to date figures, posted by Microsoft at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp

"Kevin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:22bd01c4279c$2f033fa0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where did you get these numbers?
>
> When you say from 7,674 to 7,744 is that a Year To Date
> total?

Paul O'T

Yes the discontinuation of VB 6 exams explains why the MCSD numbers still
rise, but why such a small increase in the MCSD .NET certifications?

"Me2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paul,
>
> I think that what we are seeing is the fact that the VB6 exams are

retiring
> at the end of June. Perhaps there are individuals that started and never
> finished up the exams for certification. Now that the exams are retiring,
> they have to hurry up and finish the certification. This still has value,
> since the certifications will remain in effect, the exams are only being
> stopped.
>
> --
> Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA
> "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the
> results."
> -- Winston Churchill
> "Paul O'T" <00000@0000.000> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > There was only a very small increase (<1%) in the number of MCSD .NET
> > certifications in the last 6 weeks.
> >
> > From March 02 to April 14, 2004:
> > MCSD .NET: +70 (from 7,674 to 7,744)
> > MCSD: +230 (from 44,920 to 45,150)
> >
> > Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the smallest increase since the
> > introduction of the MCSD .NET certification? I was hoping to see more

> MCADs
> > certifying as MCSD .NET. These figures also show that there were 3

times
> > more MCSD than MCSD .NET certs in that same time frame.
> >
> > Paul

Me2

Got me Paul. I would conjecture that it has to do with social adoption
rates. There is always a group of early adopters, as this group "spreads
the word" then you get adoption from a larger group of individuals. Perhaps
we are between the early adopters and the larger group of certifiers.

Just a SWAG,

--
Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the
results."
-- Winston Churchill
"Paul O'T" <00000@0000.000> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes the discontinuation of VB 6 exams explains why the MCSD numbers still
> rise, but why such a small increase in the MCSD .NET certifications?

John Nelson

When I completed my MCSD.NET in 2003 I was number 2,800
(roughly). I can't believe the number has grown that
quickly.