Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > detect necessary #includes

detect necessary #includes

Richard Heathfield

Mark McIntyre said:

> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:30:10 +0000 (UTC), in comp.lang.c , Richard
> Heathfield <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> (of compiling with gcc's strict ANSI flags)
>
>>> Do you often find your employers require those settings in official
>>> builds?

>>Absolutely.

> I meant to add: I'm sorry, but now you're being disingenuous, and
> quite possibly mendacious.

Neither. The world is larger than you know.

> Please do take offense at that if it offends you,

Why should I take offence? It's clear that you don't know what you're
talking about at the moment, and there is little point in being offended by
ignorance.

> but this discussion has descended into idiocy, so idiotic
> replies are called for.

You have succeeded in that, at least.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

Richard Heathfield

Mark McIntyre said:

> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:27:17 +0000 (UTC), in comp.lang.c , Richard
> Heathfield <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Mark McIntyre said:

>>> I can't help it if you're stuck with fifteen-year-old technology

>>I can download the latest gcc just as easily as you can.

> Then do so, and (sorry about this) learn to use it properly.

How, precisely, would this make non-portable code more portable? Do you
understand what "portable" means?

> thats enough about this.

Nobody obliges you to respond.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
http://www.cpax.org.uk

Chuck F.

Mark McIntyre wrote:
> Richard Heathfield <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Mark McIntyre said:
>>> "Chuck F. " wrote:

.... snip ...

>>> Do you often find your employers require those settings in
>>> official builds?

>> Absolutely. You mean yours don't?

> Certainly not - how on earth would you compile several million
> lines of Open Interface, DBlib and misc assembler with those
> warning levels.

In different files, with the settings appropriate to the files. If
most can't be handled with pure standard C there is something wrong
with the organization.

Maybe we should all insist on editors with a 64k content limit

Vladimir S. Oka

Chuck F. wrote:

[...biiiig snip...]

> Maybe we should all insist on editors with a 64k content limit

I'll second that immediatelly! I had too many encounters with
(third-party) source files that ran into hundreds of KBs, with functions
that were pushing at 10 Klines.

Cheers

Vladimir

--
My e-mail address is real, and I read it.