Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > does anyone have a suggestion on which books...

does anyone have a suggestion on which books...

John F

I am preparing for the MCSD going in the direction of
Visual Basic - do any of the readers have any suggestions
on which of the recommended books would be better? Does
anyone have personal experience with any of the books?

Thanks!

Eric

John F wrote:

> I am preparing for the MCSD going in the direction of
> Visual Basic - do any of the readers have any suggestions
> on which of the recommended books would be better? Does
> anyone have personal experience with any of the books?
>
> Thanks!

The Que Study Guides by Mike Gunderloy are the best. You don't need any
others.

Ivan Smith

I passed the 70-316 using the MS Press book for Windows
apps. I've heard Amit Kalani's books are better though.
Stay away from Test King products. Many people call
their material brain dumps and their answers/explanations
are wrong anyway.

Eric

Ivan Smith wrote:

> I passed the 70-316 using the MS Press book for Windows
> apps. I've heard Amit Kalani's books are better though.

Kalani's books are the C# versions of Gunderloy's VB.NET books.