Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Finding blocks of symbols on a 2dimensional array

Finding blocks of symbols on a 2dimensional array

Gerry Quinn

says...
> CTips wrote:

> ... snip ...
> >
> > You're looking for number of connected components in an undirected
> > graph. See any introductory book on algorithms for a solution.

If you want to figure it out for yourself, note that you can easily
count regions in a map by flood-filling from every unflooded point,
with a new value/colour assigned at every fill.

> You created this as a direct reply to my article, and snipped all I
> said. In addition you deliberately overrode the follow-up setting
> I had made to comp.programming, and continued this off-topic
> subject here. This is extremely rude and uncooperative.

He's talking to the OP, not to you. He ignored the difficulties you
chose to put in the way of them communicating.

If you want to suggest that a poster re-post his question on another
newsgroup, say so, but don't follow up to the other newsgroup. The OP
may not choose to hop around usenet as instructed by some netcop, in
which case any responses will be wasted.

If the OP wants to post on the newsgroup you feel is appropriate, he
can easily do so himself. Then people can respond without repairing
follow-ups.

- Gerry Quinn

Richard Harter

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:05:28 -0500, "Chuck F. " <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>CTips wrote:

>... snip ...
>>
>> You're looking for number of connected components in an undirected
>> graph. See any introductory book on algorithms for a solution.

>You created this as a direct reply to my article, and snipped all I
>said. In addition you deliberately overrode the follow-up setting
>I had made to comp.programming, and continued this off-topic
>subject here. This is extremely rude and uncooperative.

It is fair to complain that he over-rode the follow-up setting, though
it may be the case that his news software did it for him. Your
complaint "You created ..." is quite out of place. It would have been
better if your final sentence had never been written.

Since the question of posting manners is a meta-topic in both group I
should like to point out that when indulging the urge to play net.cop,
a modicum of politeness and restraint is desirable.

Richard Harter, (E-Mail Removed)
http://home.tiac.net/~cri, http://www.varinoma.com
The eternal revolution has its needs - its slogans to be chanted,
its demonstrations to be held, its children to eat.

2dimensional array Mike C++ 3 04-23-2010 08:42 AM
"Building Blocks" are "Application Blocks" Arjen ASP .Net 3 02-27-2005 01:06 AM
Re: passing a 2dimensional array of double to a function... James Aguilar C++ 1 02-11-2005 01:34 PM
procs/blocks - blocks with procs, blocks with blocks? matt Ruby 1 08-06-2004 01:33 AM

Advertisments