Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Happy but concerned SP2

Happy but concerned SP2

Headtheball

I have done it Yipee, all of my devices are now wirelessly connected, I am
running SP2 and things are sweet. Windows configures the wireless network
settings automatically and the security is good>> not great but good. The
information bar can be a pain because almost everytime you go to a new site
it is either warning you of a pop up or advising you that an active x
control is needed. There are so many sites that require active x controls,
how do we know which are safe and which are not. SP2 warns us that active x
is potentially dangerous so how do we decide what is safe to download and
what isn't?

Tony Marston

Every activex control is potentially dangerous. No site *needs* activex,
they just use it to be sexy.

As a rule of thumb you should only accept *signed* activex controls, and
only from trusted sites, so once you put them into your trusted zone you
shouldn't be continually bombarded with warnings.

--
Tony Marston

http://www.tonymarston.net

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

OT: Happy Happy Joy Joy! Mike T. MCSE 79 11-19-2006 08:22 PM
[QUIZ SOLUTION] Happy Numbers (#93) - happy bases Daniel Martin Ruby 1 09-06-2006 07:06 PM
HEXUS.opinions :: Have a happy happy gaming holiday Silverstrand Front Page News 0 12-23-2005 04:12 PM
Happy Happy Joy Joy, I recovered my photos Tama Mativa Digital Photography 9 05-24-2004 04:58 PM
happy happy christmas showgun MCSE 26 12-17-2003 07:11 PM

Advertisments