Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD Visual C++

MCSD Visual C++

Neel Roy

Hi,

I wanted to go through exam questions those were asked in previous exams...
MCSD VC++ desktop & distributed... Is it possible ? Not all of them of
course.. and not even exam date wise or something just braindump if thats
the right word...

Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance
Neel.

Cindy Winegarden

In news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
Neel Roy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I wanted to go through ...
> braindump if thats the right word...

Hi Neel,

When a candidate takes an exam, a non-disclosure agreement is required. That
means you can't tell anyone what's on the exam. A "brain dump" is when
someone posts everything they remember about the exam (questions they
memorized) somewhere on the web, violating their NDA. Many people consider
the use of brain dumps to be cheating on the exams.

If you want to see what the exam software is like you can try the free demo
exams at www.transcender.com. If you want practice questions you can
purchase exam prep materials from Transcender or other vendors.

(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

Neel Roy

Thank you for your reply,

what I am about to ask is kind of unrelated to my original post but since it
is about MCSD VC++ I might as well ask as part of this question...

1. MTS

I have xp prof, and I want to install MTS because I am giving MCSD VC++ ,
this MTS comes with NT Serv Pack 4 , how dangerous it can be ? Another thing
is I have heard that COM+ comes with MTS by default but I do not see COM+ in
my computer management , if at all it is there how do I see if and if its
not then how do I install it ?

2. Newer technologies

I think when MCSD training kits where written current ATL pack was 2.0 or
even 1.0 now since ATL 3.0 has been released how much can be and is asked
from this and to what level ? Same is the case with COM+ .. As you know
exams are going to be disconnected from June 30 so I have two months to
prepare...

3. Related but not core technologies.

what about following technologies ?

DHTML
Help System
SQL

I know this is long but I needed to know so I thought I would put this in
one... My apologies in advance , for long query and that I will be posting
this as seperate msg too.

Thanks again for reply...
Neel

"Cindy Winegarden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news: (E-Mail Removed),
> Neel Roy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I wanted to go through ...
> > braindump if thats the right word...

> Hi Neel,
>
> When a candidate takes an exam, a non-disclosure agreement is required.

That
> means you can't tell anyone what's on the exam. A "brain dump" is when
> someone posts everything they remember about the exam (questions they
> memorized) somewhere on the web, violating their NDA. Many people consider
> the use of brain dumps to be cheating on the exams.
>
> If you want to see what the exam software is like you can try the free

demo
> exams at www.transcender.com. If you want practice questions you can
> purchase exam prep materials from Transcender or other vendors.
>
> --
> Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> (E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

>1. MTS
>
>I have xp prof, and I want to install MTS because I am giving MCSD VC++ ,
>this MTS comes with NT Serv Pack 4 , how dangerous it can be ? Another thing
>is I have heard that COM+ comes with MTS by default but I do not see COM+ in
>my computer management , if at all it is there how do I see if and if its
>not then how do I install it ?

Oh dear, oh dear. Please see the msdn which will explain all to you.

However before you try and do the impossible....

MTS can be though of as beta version of COM+.

Windows XP has 'component services' (COM+) built in and you cannot
install MTS on to it.

>2. Newer technologies
>
>I think when MCSD training kits where written current ATL pack was 2.0 or
>even 1.0 now since ATL 3.0 has been released how much can be and is asked
>from this and to what level ? Same is the case with COM+ .. As you know
>exams are going to be disconnected from June 30 so I have two months to
>prepare...

Nothing on COM+, plenty on MTS; so you need to be careful not to get
confused when answering the questions. Again see the MSDN for the
differences between them.

Plenty of ATL (2.0), MFC and SDK COM questions.

>3. Related but not core technologies.
>
>what about following technologies ?
>
>DHTML
>Help System
>SQL

Yes.

Need to have a basic understanding of SQL.

Need to have a good understanding of ADO, OLE DB ODBC and even the
'old' MFC DAO classes.

Need to know your way around the help system (including HTML help).

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3