Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > WARNING: (374) ORDER command could not be obeyed for section STACK

WARNING: (374) ORDER command could not be obeyed for section STACK

Alastair

Chuck F. wrote:
> Alastair wrote:
> >
> > ok... I don't remember being "instructed" to do anything, but
> > I'll go along with it, since I'm new.

> The first response to your original post, by Mr. Smorgrav, included
> the following:
>
> Quote:
> ">> I am new to Google news groups, so hello.
>
> Please read this first: <URL:http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>"
> Endquote.
>
> And your response, without context, was to his posting. Therefore
> you must have seen it and chosen to ignore it, as you have again.
> This is apparently either deliberately rude or an attempt to annoy.

Ok, I got the wrong reply again becuase I am still getting used to the
layout here, and I'm sorry, but I missed that very first line with the
link (it was in the middle of my message context! - but I see now that
that is the normal...).

Anyway, its nice to have such a warm welcome... thanks.

Alastair

> Lucky you. It happens that I have used this compiler for a while, but to
> be honnest, I feel a little rusty about it...
>
> A simple static string array can be big enough to kill you stack space
> memory or to prevent it to be mapped at the place you wanted to. A check
> of the .map should shed some light on your problem.

Hi Emmanuel,
Appreciate the information, I will look at the .map file.

I am now moving this query to other newsgropups...
Thanks.

Flash Gordon

Alastair wrote:

<snip>

> Ok, I got the wrong reply again becuase I am still getting used to the
> layout here, and I'm sorry, but I missed that very first line with the
> link (it was in the middle of my message context! - but I see now that
> that is the normal...).
>
> Anyway, its nice to have such a warm welcome... thanks.

Getting it wrong is only a problem when you fail to learn after it is
pointed out. In this case, the biggest problem is that Google does the
wrong thing by default making it hard for newcomers such as yourself. I
would recommend you complain at Google and also, if you can find it and
its still open, respond to their survey to say you want them to quote
the message by default.

Welcome to the group. Bring your C questions here (as opposed to
implementation specifics) and people will be happy to help with them.
That can include questions like, "is <whatever> part of C?" since,
although we might not know it if it is an extension, people here will
certainly know whether or not it is part of C.
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.

Chuck F.

Alastair wrote:

.... snip ...

> Ok, I got the wrong reply again becuase I am still getting used
> to the layout here, and I'm sorry, but I missed that very first
> line with the link (it was in the middle of my message context!
> - but I see now that that is the normal...).
>
> Anyway, its nice to have such a warm welcome... thanks.

You are welcome. Actually the initial trial by fire is helpful if
it makes the further correspondence intelligible to all. Now that
you have gotten the idea you can join in the fun freely, and pick
apart minor and not so minor language goofs. People may not even
notice you are using google.

Now that that is done we can return to your original. From a
glance at the subject, I suspect it will be off-topic. This group
discusses only the standard C language, as defined by the various
ISO standards, and not extensions etc. That way we have a firm
base for any discussions.

Alastair

>Chuck wrote:
>You are welcome. Actually the initial trial by fire is helpful if
>it makes the further correspondence intelligible to all. Now that
>you have gotten the idea you can join in the fun freely, and pick
>apart minor and not so minor language goofs. People may not even
>notice you are using google.
>
>Now that that is done we can return to your original. From a
>glance at the subject, I suspect it will be off-topic. This group
>discusses only the standard C language, as defined by the various
>ISO standards, and not extensions etc. That way we have a firm
>base for any discussions.
>
>Flash wrote:
>Getting it wrong is only a problem when you fail to learn after it is
>pointed out. In this case, the biggest problem is that Google does the
>wrong thing by default making it hard for newcomers such as yourself. I
>would recommend you complain at Google and also, if you can find it and
>its still open, respond to their survey to say you want them to quote
>the message by default.
>
>Welcome to the group. Bring your C questions here (as opposed to
>implementation specifics) and people will be happy to help with them.
>That can include questions like, "is <whatever> part of C?" since,
>although we might not know it if it is an extension, people here will
>certainly know whether or not it is part of C.

Guys,

Fair enough.

Thanks
Alastair