Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > really terrible

really terrible

Jordan Abel

On 2005-12-29, Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> int main()

> Ok, but "int main(void)" is better.

This came up recently in ##c - As far as I can tell from reading either
standard, they mean the same thing in a function declarator that is part
of a function definition [only differing when it is not part of the
function definition]

[now, that's not to say that it's not labeled "obsolescent" by the
standard - i suspect that if it ever is _really_ deprecated, though, it
will be in favor of making it always mean (void), rather than making it
a syntax error.]

Jordan Abel

On 2005-12-29, Rahul Chandok <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Raghu,
>
> sys/types.h is used as it contains the defination of time_t
> time_t is the return type of time() function.

time.h also includes that typedef.

Keith Thompson

"ash" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> thankx dude,
> i really forget about random function, can u tell me how it works?
> thankx anyway
> ash

You haven't been following this newsgroup, have you?

If you expect us to be able to read what you write, use proper
capitalization and avoid silly abbreviations like "u" for "you".

Read <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> and follow its advice.

There is no standard C function called "random". There is a rand()
function. To find out how it works, read your system's documentation.