Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > How to start preparation for 70-305?

How to start preparation for 70-305?

radha

Hi All,
I am a working as a web developer from past 1 year and I
want to take the Microsoft 70-305 exam.
1)can anyone tell me how much time will it take to prepare
for the test.
2)and also I dont have any .Net experience my experience
includes in classic ASP.
3).can I reschedule the test date or can I take an open
date for taking this test.
4).what is the best material to prepare for the test and
is there any syllabus I have to follow.

please help!!!

Thanks,
radha

Lord2702

Hello Radha,
Just FYI. One year experience in software field, and MS exam is not quite
enough. But try. you have to answer 58 - 60 questions in 2 hrs (120 mints)
approx. 2 mints per question. Yes you can re-schedule exam once you book it,
but only before 24 - 36 hrs. make a note. Since, you are taking VB.Net path,
so I can not suggest Amit Kalani's book, which is for C#. 70-315. Goto
Microsoft site. www.microsoft.com/traincert
here you will get all the syllabus, and more info. Good Luck.

"radha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1c8c901c42244$b407d830$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
> I am a working as a web developer from past 1 year and I
> want to take the Microsoft 70-305 exam.
> 1)can anyone tell me how much time will it take to prepare
> for the test.
> 2)and also I dont have any .Net experience my experience
> includes in classic ASP.
> 3).can I reschedule the test date or can I take an open
> date for taking this test.
> 4).what is the best material to prepare for the test and
> is there any syllabus I have to follow.
>
> please help!!!
>
> Thanks,
> radha

Eric

radha wrote:

> 1)can anyone tell me how much time will it take to prepare
> for the test.

Most people take 2 or 3 months of part-time study - maybe an hour a day.

> 2)and also I dont have any .Net experience my experience
> includes in classic ASP.

ASP.NET is quite different from ASP. Your ASP background will help
some, but not much. It can also make it harder for you to learn new
things because you'll be looking for similarities where none may exist.
The key here is that you need to be flexible - you need to embrace the
OOP stuff, in particular.

> 3).can I reschedule the test date or can I take an open
> date for taking this test.

You can often come in 15 minutes early to take a test in the US (I
don't know about other counties). Most centers are hooked up to MS via
the internet so you don't need to schedule in advance. Some test
centers might want a 24 hour notice, but I have never given notice
myself. I just walk in, and 15 minutes later I'm taking the test.

> 4).what is the best material to prepare for the test and
> is there any syllabus I have to follow.

For C#, the Kalani books are great. For VB.NET, the Gunderloy books are
great. For a good syllabus, go here:
http://www.codeclinic.com/certification.htm

Thanks a lot for your reply.it really helps.I also have
one more question.Are there any practise tests for 70-
305.do I have to buy them separately?

Thanks again,
radha

I am a student and work part time so I have only part of
the day to study.Thanks a lot for the clarification coz I
was seeing as to what date to give to take the test for
registration.
I really appreciate your help.
radha