Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > C++ certifivation

C++ certifivation

Bert Sachs

Hello

I will become MCSD.NET in the next few months. My favorite language is C#,
but i want to refresh/extend my knowledge of C++(.NET). Is there any
certification from MS? Many thanks in advance.

UAError

"Bert Sachs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I will become MCSD.NET in the next few months. My favorite language is C#,
>but i want to refresh/extend my knowledge of C++(.NET). Is there any
>certification from MS? Many thanks in advance.

No. No C++ specific certification. The MCAD/MCSD.NET
certifications are basically all about .NET and its
framework - not any specific language. It stands to reason
that all certifications would be in .NET's premier language
C# - which then were duplicated for VB.NET to avoid
alienating the existing VB user base. MS probably figured
that the C++ contingent would simply go the C# route (to
learn the framework) and then transition themselves to C++
..NET.

Books which might be helpful:

Managed C++ and .NET Development:
Visual Studio .NET 2003 Edition
by Stephen R.G. Fraser
ISBN: 1590590333

Programming with Managed Extensions for
Microsoft Visual C++ .NET
by Richard Grimes
ISBN: 0735617821
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6191.asp

As you are also looking at this as a "refresher" you should
be warned that MS has taken in the past its own view of how
to use C++ which can diverge from the norms accepted in the
remainder of the C++ community.

For some more information you may want to poke around
Herb Sutter's site:

http://www.gotw.ca/gotw/
http://www.gotw.ca/microsoft/

>MS probably figured
>that the C++ contingent would simply go the C# route (to
>learn the framework) and then transition themselves to C++
>.NET.

I doubt it. Microsoft simply want everyone to use microsoft based
technologies (and tools). They can't control the evolution of C++,
every time they add their own extensions to it ms get slated, and so
on.....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Lord2702

Absolutely, I agry with you, I moved from C++ to C# and again back to C++
after, MCAD. haaa haaaaa haaaaa.

news(E-Mail Removed)...