Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Highest Scores - Poll

Highest Scores - Poll

ivy

I just finished taking my last exam (70-300) for the
MCSD.NET cert and it was very arduous with a huge time
constraint. I ended up with a PASS score which was
satisfactory for me.

This was my first MS test in which I did not receive a
detailed breakdown of my performance and score. I would
like to know what others are experiencing and also to
decipher how MS grades, I would like to know what others
are scoring. Is 1000 really the max score?

Here are my results:
70-229 :: 823
70-300 :: PASS
70-305 :: 891
70-306 :: 867
70-310 :: 885

Hope to hear from you!

John Smith

Is it matter ? I just concern only how much I make ? Do I get the job or
better job ? Can I get the job done ? That's it.

ivy wrote:
> I just finished taking my last exam (70-300) for the
> MCSD.NET cert and it was very arduous with a huge time
> constraint. I ended up with a PASS score which was
> satisfactory for me.
>
> This was my first MS test in which I did not receive a
> detailed breakdown of my performance and score. I would
> like to know what others are experiencing and also to
> decipher how MS grades, I would like to know what others
> are scoring. Is 1000 really the max score?
>
> Here are my results:
> 70-229 :: 823
> 70-300 :: PASS
> 70-305 :: 891
> 70-306 :: 867
> 70-310 :: 885
>
> Hope to hear from you!

ivy

What did you just write? I can't decipher it! What
coding paradigm is that? Hmmm, quite interesting. YUCC -
Your Ugly Compiler Compiler... your senior thesis. Can
we say ignoramus?

Microsoft have just started putting the scores back on the their
exams. So the fact that you have a score for most of your exams shows
you have taken them recently. My scores ( with the exception of 70-229
which I took back in 2001) only show pass with no score as these were
taken some time back.

Microsoft in the past, also gave a breakdown of the score, i.e. per
subject area.

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:00:51 -0700, "ivy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just finished taking my last exam (70-300) for the
>MCSD.NET cert and it was very arduous with a huge time
>constraint. I ended up with a PASS score which was
>satisfactory for me.
>
>This was my first MS test in which I did not receive a
>detailed breakdown of my performance and score. I would
>like to know what others are experiencing and also to
>decipher how MS grades, I would like to know what others
>are scoring. Is 1000 really the max score?
>
>Here are my results:
>70-229 :: 823
>70-300 :: PASS
>70-305 :: 891
>70-306 :: 867
>70-310 :: 885
>
>Hope to hear from you!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Al Manint

Honestly I studied enough to pass. I think that the MCSD.NET is the price
of ENTRY. Most of the stuff that required thought, I had to learn on my
own. Stuff like how the CLR REALLY works. You won't find that on any exam
but if you don't know it you can't really scale.

That's just my two cents. I couldn't really care to memorize all the ADO
objects and methods. I used it - and knew enough of em for the multiple
choice pass. In my day to day coding, I can code it or quickly look at the
docs when I've not used that object that many times.

It's Pass/Fail. Oh - and I did the whole .NET series in beta so all I
really got was a pass or fail.

--Al (MCSD.NET, MCDBA)

news:1a35201c41dac$93167740$(E-Mail Removed)...