Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > please tell what is error on my coding?

please tell what is error on my coding?

venkatesh

hai ,
i am using turboc++ compiler to run my c program.
i written an program with structure sa foolws

struct s
{
float x;
}y;
when i am accessing the variable x it shows the following error
"floating point not linked"
Please tell what is wrong in my coding?

pete

http://docs.mandragor.org/files/Prog...aq/q14.13.html

--
pete

Sjouke Burry

venkatesh wrote:
> hai ,
> i am using turboc++ compiler to run my c program.
> i written an program with structure sa foolws
>
> struct s
> {
> float x;
> }y;
> when i am accessing the variable x it shows the following error
> "floating point not linked"
> Please tell what is wrong in my coding?

There are more compilers(16 bit) producing that effect.
If you do no actual calculation,the linker leaves out the
library ,cure is:
double x;
..
..
..
..
x=x+2.1;
before your print statement.
My compiler was from microsoft C 6.
leaving out float support for printing makes programs much
smaller(for those two compilers).