Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Help about Graphy Theory and Communication Networks C /C++ plz..

Help about Graphy Theory and Communication Networks C /C++ plz..

xeyder

Hi everyone..
I need help about graph theory ( network problems) ..

I have below problem . Does anyone know any existence algorithms or
solutions to this problem ??

The Problems is:
" We can use graphs to represent a communication network. In such
graphs, the vertices
represent communication stations and the edges represent communication
links. Critical points are the vertices whose failure will result in
the network
becoming disconnected. Similarly, critical links are the edges whose
failure will result a
loss of communication. Sub components are the graphs which don't
contain no critical
points.

In this experiment, you are supposed to develop a program that
generates graph structure
of a communication network given and implements some graph algorithms
which help
managing the network.
For the given a communication network as an undirected graph G(V,E),
write a program
that will do the following :
a) Find all critical points in G.
b) Find all critical edges in G.
c) Find the sub components in G."

It is my assignment and I will code it in C/C++;.

SO IS THERE ANY ALGORITHM/SOLUTION WAY for this problem..
I am new to graph theory and this kind of maths..it is discrete maths
problem I think ,
Anyone has any idea?
Plz help..
Thanks in Advance..
Xeyder

pete

xeyder wrote:

> Hi everyone..
> I need help about graph theory ( network problems) ..

pete

Keith Thompson

"xeyder" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I need help about graph theory ( network problems) ..
>
> I have below problem . Does anyone know any existence algorithms or
> solutions to this problem ??

[snip]

We discuss the C programming language here, not algorithms. You might
try comp.programming or one of the sci.math.* groups. Or, since it's
an assignment, consult your textbook or your instructor.

If you post some C code here, we can help you with it.

> It is my assignment and I will code it in C/C++;.

C and C++ are two different (but related) languages. There is no
language called C/C++.