Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > regex regcmp

regex regcmp

Raghavendra Mahuli

Hi group,

I am using regular expression functions regex and regcmp to validate some
record which are of the form-

REC1{ 'Bsgf' | 'Cjsdg' | 78 }

That is a fairly simple job.
But i have to extend it to handle nested records say like a record REC2
which contains REC1

like :

REC2{'sjsd' | 2 | REC1{'Bsgf' | 'Cjsdg' | 78 }| REC2{ 'Bsgf' | 'Cjsdg' |
78 }}

Now the number preceding the nested record tells how many records will be
present. In this case, it is 2.

Can u pls suggest some way to handle nested regular expressions.

Thanks in advance

Keith Thompson

"Raghavendra Mahuli" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I am using regular expression functions regex and regcmp to validate some
> record which are of the form-
>
> REC1{ 'Bsgf' | 'Cjsdg' | 78 }

[snip]

Standard C has no support for regular expressions. Try a newsgroup
that's specific to your system (comp.unix.programmer, perhaps?).