Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD in VB 6.0 Guidence Requested

MCSD in VB 6.0 Guidence Requested

Paul D.

My training was in VB 4.0, haven't really done any programming since, just
editing and updating code. But I wanted to pick up my MCSD in VB 6.0. Yes I
know its old but there are still many companies running NT 4.0. Why? I guess
they don't want to pay for the upgrade in software and/or hardware. Anyway
back on track I noticed that Microsoft Visual StudioŽ 6.0-based exams are
scheduled for discontinuation on June 30, 2004. This leaves me 3 months to
complete the exams. I was hoping that someone that has a MCSD in VB6 could
tell me which order to study for the exams in.

Designing and Implementing Desktop Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic
6.0 Exam 70-176

Designing and Implementing Distributed Applications with Microsoft Visual
Basic 6.0 Exam 70-175

Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution Architectures Exam 70-100

I pick up used copies of MS Press ALS Series and Exam Crams for these 3
Exams. But I am not sure of what order to study them in. And if there is any
additional books that I should Study from.

I also have the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Reference Library Set (Component
Tools Guide, Controls Reference and Language Reference).

Any guidance would be very much appreciated,

Paul D.

>I also have the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Reference Library Set (Component
>Tools Guide, Controls Reference and Language Reference).

This will give you a lot of what you need to pass the exams.

It was a long time ago since I took the tests, and I found a fair
amount of overlap in the topics covered, so plan your studies to
enable you to take these two exams at the same time.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>This leaves me 3 months to
>complete the exams. I was hoping that someone that has a MCSD in VB6 could
>tell me which order to study for the exams in.

Three months is no big deal, but only you know the order to take the
exams which bests suits you.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Soon

I pass the test with flying score in 2000. I may still
have left over study materials. If you still need, please
let me know.

Marko Rukonic

Take a look at http://www.mcsebraindumps.com/70-176-braindumps.htm - they
have many tests there for which some websites charge you $50.
This is definitely doable in 3 months. Took me 22 days to prepare for
70-176, only evenings plus the above mentioned web site.

"Paul D." <PaulDechene_AT_hotmail_DOT_com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My training was in VB 4.0, haven't really done any programming since, just
> editing and updating code. But I wanted to pick up my MCSD in VB 6.0. Yes

> know its old but there are still many companies running NT 4.0. Why? I

guess
> they don't want to pay for the upgrade in software and/or hardware. Anyway
> back on track I noticed that Microsoft Visual StudioŽ 6.0-based exams are
> scheduled for discontinuation on June 30, 2004. This leaves me 3 months to
> complete the exams. I was hoping that someone that has a MCSD in VB6 could
> tell me which order to study for the exams in.
>
> Designing and Implementing Desktop Applications with Microsoft Visual

Basic
> 6.0 Exam 70-176
>
> Designing and Implementing Distributed Applications with Microsoft Visual
> Basic 6.0 Exam 70-175
>
> Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution Architectures Exam 70-100
>
> I pick up used copies of MS Press ALS Series and Exam Crams for these 3
> Exams. But I am not sure of what order to study them in. And if there is

any
> additional books that I should Study from.
>
> I also have the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Reference Library Set

(Component
> Tools Guide, Controls Reference and Language Reference).
>
> Any guidance would be very much appreciated,
>
> Paul D.

Anders

I did desktop first, then distributed and ended up with
70-100, went OK
I would definitely recommend Transcender !

/Regards Anders

Andre

How did you prepare for 70-100? This will be my last test
to take for before it retire.

Thanks!

Paul D.

I just wanted to thank all who responded.

> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

What does MCNGP stand for anyways?

Just Curious,

Thnaks again to all,

Paul D.

"Paul D." <PaulDechene_AT_hotmail_DOT_com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My training was in VB 4.0, haven't really done any programming since, just
> editing and updating code. But I wanted to pick up my MCSD in VB 6.0. Yes

> know its old but there are still many companies running NT 4.0. Why? I

guess
> they don't want to pay for the upgrade in software and/or hardware. Anyway
> back on track I noticed that Microsoft Visual StudioŽ 6.0-based exams are
> scheduled for discontinuation on June 30, 2004. This leaves me 3 months to
> complete the exams. I was hoping that someone that has a MCSD in VB6 could
> tell me which order to study for the exams in.
>
> Designing and Implementing Desktop Applications with Microsoft Visual

Basic
> 6.0 Exam 70-176
>
> Designing and Implementing Distributed Applications with Microsoft Visual
> Basic 6.0 Exam 70-175
>
> Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution Architectures Exam 70-100
>
> I pick up used copies of MS Press ALS Series and Exam Crams for these 3
> Exams. But I am not sure of what order to study them in. And if there is

any
> additional books that I should Study from.
>
> I also have the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Reference Library Set

(Component
> Tools Guide, Controls Reference and Language Reference).
>
> Any guidance would be very much appreciated,
>
> Paul D.

>What does MCNGP stand for anyways?
>
>Just Curious,

Mean Certified News Group Poster

We are a group of people, formed two and a half years ago, who are
p*ssed off by the way the certification process, and IT in general,
has been undermined over the past several years.

In general we are against brain dumps, cheats, spammers, trolls,
thieves, scammers and people who are to stupid to be in IT and the
people who exploit them. We reserve the right to attack (through
public posts) such 'people' when they appear on these newsgroups.

Many people are sympathetic with our views, others recognize and
understand our feelings but feel we go over the top, while others
think we are a bunch of picks.

We also have a good sense of humor!

Our original slogan when something like this: -

"As the ever expanding IT Industry increases daily with fresh bootcamp
lamers, braindumpers and plummeting passing scores from other
certification vendors, an elite new certification has risen from the
sludge that has become the IT talent pool."

You don't see to much 'MCNGP' activity in this ng, however the
microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse ng, it's a different story.....

Good luck in your pursuits .

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

JaR

The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere opined, On 4/9/04 8:48 AM:
, while others
> think we are a bunch of picks.

I, personally, resent being called a pick! I have never been a pick, nor
have I ever associated with known picks. If I ever find the individual
that called me a pick, he would receive a sound thrashing, I assure you!
Why, I have been known to...excuse me....it was a typo?... Oh. Never mind.

JaR
Ranting Thug
MCNGP XXII

Carrer Guidence =?Utf-8?B?RVFOaXNo?= Microsoft Certification 0 11-14-2007 06:39 PM
Guidence on ASA Its me Earnest T. Cisco 1 06-13-2007 05:49 PM
Hi, Need Help abt the Exam Guidence Mahesh4482 MCAD 1 05-24-2005 01:41 PM
Guidence Swapnil MCAD 3 05-05-2005 04:45 PM
HTML guidence wanted Watcher of the Skies Computer Support 4 02-09-2004 07:06 AM

Advertisments