Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Coincidence !

Coincidence !

A.A

>http://groups.google.com/group/programhq
this link is broken

A.A

>http://groups.google.com/group/programhq
this link is broken

Ben Pfaff

Krishanu Debnath <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> AK wrote:
>> Simon Biber wrote:

>>> So it was you who added me to your "group" without even asking me first?
>>>
>>> I hope you know that I reported your abuse to google. I hope they shut
>>> down your group.
>>>
>>> Good riddance.

>> Look to me now that your wish has been granted by google.

> That's a good news, good to see google at least care about
> 'abuse report'.

They didn't pay attention to *my* abuse reports until I also
posted about it to news.admin.net-abuse.email. Eventually I did
get a response, as you can see.
--
"I don't have C&V for that handy, but I've got Dan Pop."
--E. Gibbons

Simon Biber

AK wrote:
> Simon Biber wrote:
>>So it was you who added me to your "group" without even asking me first?
>>
>>I hope you know that I reported your abuse to google. I hope they shut
>>down your group.

> Look to me now that your wish has been granted by google.

Perhaps my post was too strongly worded. I didn't mean to offend you,
just to show you that your actions were inappropriate.

I hope you see this as an opportunity to start fresh, and operate a
group the *right* way. By this I mean not adding folks without their
consent. By all means send a message to comp.lang.c inviting people to
join your group, but don't harvest email addresses and unilaterally add
them.

regards,
Simon.

AK

Simon Biber wrote:
> AK wrote:
> > Simon Biber wrote:
> >>So it was you who added me to your "group" without even asking me first?
> >>
> >>I hope you know that I reported your abuse to google. I hope they shut
> >>down your group.

> > Look to me now that your wish has been granted by google.

> Perhaps my post was too strongly worded. I didn't mean to offend you,
> just to show you that your actions were inappropriate.

No offense taken buddy. I am one of those for whom it is impossible to
be angry at someone.

> I hope you see this as an opportunity to start fresh, and operate a
> group the *right* way. By this I mean not adding folks without their
> consent. By all means send a message to comp.lang.c inviting people to
> join your group, but don't harvest email addresses and unilaterally add
> them.

The problem that I saw was that When I invited people, they were
automatically added. It looked to me like google changed my invite
request to add request. I don't have clue to what happened. I did
harvest email addresses and invited them. But when I did that in the
past group, I found that I found nothing in the "Open Invitations"
list, but the no: of members increased. But in my "Requests" panel, I
found it was written as "Invite" as "Approved" by google.
I have notified google about this problem. Hope they do something about
it. I wish they had told me about the removal of the group, cause, I
was wondering a whole day what happened to my group.

Regards
AK