Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Coincidence !

Coincidence !

AK

Hi all

Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
"Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

After taking a look at this group's(c.l.c) archives, I find a
coincidence that agewise, clc and me differ by only 2-3 months. I was
born during August 1986 and this group was born during November 1986.

Regards
AK

osmium

"AK" writes:

> Hi all
>
> Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
> "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).
>
> After taking a look at this group's(c.l.c) archives, I find a
> coincidence that agewise, clc and me differ by only 2-3 months. I was
> born during August 1986 and this group was born during November 1986.
>
> Regards
> AK

Amazing! And to add to the mystery, I was born in the same century as the
newsgroup.

Richard Heathfield

AK said:

> Hi all
>
> Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
> "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).
>
> After taking a look at this group's(c.l.c) archives, I find a
> coincidence that agewise, clc and me differ by only 2-3 months. I was
> born during August 1986 and this group was born during November 1986.

In fact, this group seems to go back to at least 1982, under its old name
net.lang.c - the 1986 thing was merely a renaming.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
AK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
>"Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

Oh, then it was you that slammed me into your google group without
even a "By your leave?" ?

never make copies, only human beings make copies. Computers are given
commands, not permission. Only people can be given permission."
-- Brad Templeton

Simon Biber

AK wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
> "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

So it was you who added me to your "group" without even asking me first?

I hope you know that I reported your abuse to google. I hope they shut
down your group.

Good riddance.

--
Simon.

Mike Wahler

news:dkl82p$ko6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> AK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
>>"Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

> Oh, then it was you that slammed me into your google group without
> even a "By your leave?" ?

FWIW:
This happened to me as well, twice. The notification
messages I received attributed it to someone with a
handle of 'Ook'. The second time, I sent him an email
asking him to stop. He apologized, and did.

-Mike

Richard Bos

"AK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
> "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

Right.

I didn't ask to be added to this Google mess.

Remove me _now_, or I will have you reported to Google's abuse
department. This is spam, pure and simple.

Richard

AK

Richard Bos wrote:
> "AK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
> > "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

> Right.
>
> I didn't ask to be added to this Google mess.
>
> Remove me _now_, or I will have you reported to Google's abuse
> department. This is spam, pure and simple.
>
> Richard

Richard,

Are you sure you were added to my group??? I reason I ask is because I
can't find you there.

AK

Richard Bos

"AK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Richard Bos wrote:
> > "AK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > Some of you already know me as they are also members of my group,
> > > "Programmer's HQ"( http://groups.google.com/group/programhq ).

> > Right.
> >
> > I didn't ask to be added to this Google mess.
> >
> > Remove me _now_, or I will have you reported to Google's abuse
> > department. This is spam, pure and simple.

> Richard,
>
> Are you sure you were added to my group???

Damn right I was. I have the email from Google right here.

Richard

Jordan Abel

On 2005-11-07, Richard Bos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "AK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Richard Bos wrote:

>> > Right.
>> >
>> > I didn't ask to be added to this Google mess.
>> >
>> > Remove me _now_, or I will have you reported to Google's abuse
>> > department. This is spam, pure and simple.

>> Richard,
>>
>> Are you sure you were added to my group???

> Damn right I was. I have the email from Google right here.
>
> Richard

If he can't find you he can't remove you, so maybe you should tell him
what email address he added you under