Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Simple question

Simple question

Sillaba atona

I should implement in C POSIX the possibility to have an exec command in
background like the command & in bash shell.

I simple used a fork+exec without a wait command in the master process.
It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the cursor disappear
until the child process stops.

Any suggestion?

Niklas Norrthon

Sillaba atona <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I should implement in C POSIX the possibility to have an exec command
> in background like the command & in bash shell.
>
> I simple used a fork+exec without a wait command in the master
> process. It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the
> cursor disappear until the child process stops.
>
> Any suggestion?

I suggest that you ask in comp.unix.programming.

/Niklas Norrthon

Niklas Norrthon

Niklas Norrthon <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Sillaba atona <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > I should implement in C POSIX the possibility to have an exec command
> > in background like the command & in bash shell.
> >
> > I simple used a fork+exec without a wait command in the master
> > process. It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the
> > cursor disappear until the child process stops.
> >
> > Any suggestion?

> I suggest that you ask in comp.unix.programming.

That should be comp.unix.programmer

/Niklas Norrthon

Keith Thompson

Sillaba atona <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I should implement in C POSIX the possibility to have an exec command
> in background like the command & in bash shell.
>
> I simple used a fork+exec without a wait command in the master
> process. It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the
> cursor disappear until the child process stops.
>
> Any suggestion?

Try comp.unix.programmer. fork and exec are not standard C functions.

Flash Gordon

Sillaba atona wrote:
> I should implement in C POSIX the possibility to have an exec command in
> background like the command & in bash shell.
>
> I simple used a fork+exec without a wait command in the master process.
> It seems to be correct, but when I run the programm the cursor disappear
> until the child process stops.
>
> Any suggestion?

Only one suggestion, please ask on a group where POSIX is topical, such
as comp.unix.programmer, not here. On this group we only discus standard
C, not the extensions provided by POSIX, Windows or any other system you
care to name.
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.