Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Passed 70-316 today!

Passed 70-316 today!

Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]

Hi all,

Passed 70-316, scored 948! It was my first MCP exam.

--
Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
X-Unity Test Studio

lseals

Congrat

lseal

Jay Walters

Congrats -

Although - how is it you got elected for MVP and didn't
at least have your MCP? "I" know that (exams !=
helpfulMessageBoardPerson) - but that does seem to go
against msft's grain.

From what I see, you don't get too many stupid mvp's, the same can't
be said about an 'mcp' though.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Daniel Joskovski

Congrats, but not be to excited about your score ( you are MVP remember? )

Regards,
Daniel

"Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> Passed 70-316, scored 948! It was my first MCP exam.
>
> --
> Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
> X-Unity Test Studio
> http://www.x-unity.net/teststudio.aspx
> Bring the power of unit testing to VS .NET IDE

Daniel Joskovski

Good point!

Regards,
Daniel

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Although - how is it you got elected for MVP and didn't
> >at least have your MCP? "I" know that (exams !=
> >helpfulMessageBoardPerson) - but that does seem to go
> >against msft's grain.

> From what I see, you don't get too many stupid mvp's, the same can't
> be said about an 'mcp' though.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

M.

Congrats!

Can you tell me pls, if the test was adaptive or not?

Thanks!

Regards,
M.

Eric

M. wrote:

> [...]

Most developer tests aren't adaptive yet. But it doesn't matter much.
If you know you're stuff you can out sooner on an adaptive test.

Jay Walters

I definately agree. Dmitriy's past replies have been
pretty solid.

But I've personally been involved with projects for
Redmond and know a lot of the PMs - and it doesn't seem
like something the msft 'way of thinking' would permit.

Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]

Jay,

The MVP status is really awarded for participating in the communities, but
I've never heard MCP is a pre-requisite for MVP. Put another way, you may
have sufficient knowledge and experience to be a helpful messageboard
person, but you don't have time/wish/whatever to pass the exam which,
actually, only 'officially' proves your expertise (well, unless one is a
"paper" MCP).

--
Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
X-Unity Test Studio
http://www.x-unity.net/teststudio.aspx
Bring the power of unit testing to VS .NET IDE

news:62ee01c40131$a97774e0$(E-Mail Removed)...