Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Source code analysis tool

Source code analysis tool

rahul8143@gmail.com

hello,
Is there any source code analysis tool avail for C programmers under
Linux?
That tool should go through all source code files and print functional
dependencies. tool can run in any environment but its better to be a
linux
tool?Also is there any graphical utility for C programmers for that?

Chuck Dillon

> hello,
> Is there any source code analysis tool avail for C programmers under
> Linux?
> That tool should go through all source code files and print functional
> dependencies. tool can run in any environment but its better to be a
> linux
> tool?Also is there any graphical utility for C programmers for that?

One is http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/index.html which has links
to others.

-- ced

--
Chuck Dillon
Senior Software Engineer

Flash Gordon

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hello,
> Is there any source code analysis tool avail for C programmers under
> Linux?
> That tool should go through all source code files and print functional
> dependencies. tool can run in any environment but its better to be a
> linux
> tool?Also is there any graphical utility for C programmers for that?

Probably. Ask in a Linux group and they might be able to answer. Here we
discuss the C language, not the millions of tools around that have
something to do with C.
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.

Roberto Waltman

On 5 Oct 2005 10:39:45 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Is there any source code analysis tool avail for C programmers under
>Linux?

(a) Understand for C / C++:
http://www.scitools.com/ucpp.html

(b) RedHat's Source Navigator (Doesn't do all you ask but is free.)

(c) Probably/partially the Eclipse/CDT project:
http://www.eclipse.org

Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group, ]
[ return address is invalid. ]

Bilgehan.Balban@gmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hello,
> Is there any source code analysis tool avail for C programmers under
> Linux?
> That tool should go through all source code files and print functional
> dependencies. tool can run in any environment but its better to be a
> linux
> tool?Also is there any graphical utility for C programmers for that?

This is off topic. But here are the tools I use for what you want.

1) Search for the ncc compiler. You compile all your code just like
gcc, it would give you analysis information. Supports function
pointers, too.

2) Graphviz and Codeviz developed by Mel Gorman. You can use both
CodeViz and ncc to generate output that can be displayed by Graphviz as
a gif, pdf, ps etc.

Bahadir

spat

I think "cscope" is the best the best tool i have used. Although i
doest give u graphical interface but going through is as good as lot
more graphical tools and its free

Keith Thompson

"spat" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I think "cscope" is the best the best tool i have used. Although i
> doest give u graphical interface but going through is as good as lot
> more graphical tools and its free

You really should browse the newsgroup before posting. If you had,
you almost certainly would have seen this:

Don't assume your readers can easily see the article to which you're
replying. You need to provide some context.

Please complain to Google about their broken interface.