Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > trying to compile with clock_settime(...)

trying to compile with clock_settime(...)

jchludzinski@gmail.com

Trying to compile using clock_settime(...) [in time.h] but get:
"undefined reference to `clock_settime'". Looking at time.h I see the
declaration is sandwiched between:

#ifdef __USE_POSIX199309
#endif

so I tried: gcc -D__USE_POSIX199309
to no avail.

Any suggestions?

---John

PS> I don't know if this is the proper group for this posting but I had
to start somewhere.

jchludzinski@gmail.com

What library I should be linking against? -John

Flash Gordon

> Trying to compile using clock_settime(...) [in time.h] but get:
> "undefined reference to `clock_settime'". Looking at time.h I see the
> declaration is sandwiched between:
>
> #ifdef __USE_POSIX199309
> #endif
>
> so I tried: gcc -D__USE_POSIX199309
> to no avail.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> ---John
>
> PS> I don't know if this is the proper group for this posting but I had
> to start somewhere.

This is not the right group since we only deal with C not with system
specific extension be they POSIX, Windows or CPM. Might I suggest
comp.unix.programmer after reading their FAQ or possibly one of the GNU
mailing lists?
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.

Keith Thompson

> Trying to compile using clock_settime(...) [in time.h] but get:
> "undefined reference to `clock_settime'". Looking at time.h I see the
> declaration is sandwiched between:
>
> #ifdef __USE_POSIX199309
> #endif
>
> so I tried: gcc -D__USE_POSIX199309
> to no avail.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> ---John
>
> PS> I don't know if this is the proper group for this posting but I had
> to start somewhere.

Try comp.unix.programmer.

jchludzinski@gmail.com

> Try comp.unix.programmer.