Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Information about a function declaration

Information about a function declaration

prabhu.pravin@gmail.com

I came across a function declaration of the form

LOCAL(int *)
function_name (int a, char *b)
{
code...
}

I wanted to know what the LOCAL keyword indicates in this declaration?

thanks,

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Nils_O=2E_Sel=E5sdal=22?=

> I came across a function declaration of the form
>
> LOCAL(int *)
> function_name (int a, char *b)
> {
> code...
> }
>

> I wanted to know what the LOCAL keyword indicates in this declaration?

LOCAL isn't defined by C, likely it's a macro , so try to figure out
what it is defined as.

Richard Bos

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I came across a function declaration of the form
>
> LOCAL(int *)
> function_name (int a, char *b)
> {
> code...
> }
>

> I wanted to know what the LOCAL keyword indicates in this declaration?

Nothing whatsoever, as far as C is concerned. In fact, in straight C
this is a syntax error. Since it's capitalised, it's probably #defined
as a macro somewhere else in your code, with a definition that both
makes this syntactical and explains its meaning.

Richard