Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > memset doubt

memset doubt

Keith Thompson

<OT>
Markus Becker <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Default User <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:
>
> <nitpick>
>
>> No. There is no implicit conversion FROM void*. So malloc() needs a
>> cast, memset() doesn't.

> No, you can assign a void* to any type of pointer-variable. You only
> need to cast malloc() when using C++.
>
> </nitpick>
>
> Markus

The context of the discussion was C++.
</OT>

Martin Ambuhl

Keith Thompson wrote:

> The context of the discussion was C++.

No discussion in <news:comp.lang.c> has C++ as its context.

Keith Thompson

Martin Ambuhl <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Keith Thompson wrote:
>
>> The context of the discussion was C++.

> No discussion in <news:comp.lang.c> has C++ as its context.

s/has/should have/

But we do occasionally digress into discussing the differences,
particularly when posters seem to be having problems because they're
submitting their C code to a C++ compiler.