Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > MACRO exclusion

MACRO exclusion

karthik.naig@gmail.com

Hi,

I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
__STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
in the makefile?

Thanks and Regards,
Karthik.

Malcolm

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
> __STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
> in the makefile?

#undef _STDC_
#include <filewithevilmacrosinit.h>

Mike Wahler

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
> __STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
> in the makefile?

Look up #undef

-Mike

Keith Thompson

> I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
> __STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
> in the makefile?

What exactly do you mean by "all macros defined with __STDC__"? Can
you give some examples?

Malcolm

"Keith Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>> I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
>> __STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
>> in the makefile?

> What exactly do you mean by "all macros defined with __STDC__"? Can
> you give some examples?

I realised this after I had posted.
I'm not sure undefining the macro is the real answer.

Lawrence Kirby

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:02:29 +0000, Malcolm wrote:

> "Keith Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>
>>> I am porting some code and I need to exclude all macros defined with
>>> __STDC__ . How do I do this using gcc?? Is there any change I can make
>>> in the makefile?

>> What exactly do you mean by "all macros defined with __STDC__"? Can
>> you give some examples?
>>

> I realised this after I had posted.
> I'm not sure undefining the macro is the real answer.

That's difficult to say if you don't tell us the real question.

Lawrence

Programming challenge: wildcard exclusion in cartesian products wkehowski@cox.net Python 78 03-28-2006 05:32 PM
xslt, for-each exclusion shaun XML 1 08-16-2005 02:23 PM
CGIs and file exclusion darkhorse Python 13 11-06-2004 03:51 PM
non-blocking mutual exclusion Giambattista Bloisi Java 1 12-16-2003 01:20 PM
XSD attribute exclusion expression Edouard Mercier XML 4 09-05-2003 09:27 AM

Advertisments