Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > im facing problem with fread()??

im facing problem with fread()??

Suman

Keith Thompson wrote:
> "Suman" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

[snip]

> >> 2) The eminent Mr. Plauger stated elsethread that a conforming
> >> implementation closes all open files when the program ends.

> > It does so indeed. However, I don't consider it a good practice to
> > leave things to the system when you ought to[1] do it yourself.

[snip more rants!]

> Sure, you should always fclose() any file that you fopen() -- not
> because you can't count on the implementation to do it for you, but
> because it's good style.

Ok.

> Any implementation that doesn't properly
> close all open files when the program terminates is broken, but if I
> write my own code properly I'll never notice.

Pardon me, but are you being vaguely reproving (of my views)?

Keith Thompson

"Suman" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Keith Thompson wrote:

[...]
>> Any implementation that doesn't properly
>> close all open files when the program terminates is broken, but if I
>> write my own code properly I'll never notice.

> Pardon me, but are you being vaguely reproving (of my views)?

No, actually I was agreeing with you.

Suman

Keith Thompson wrote:
> "Suman" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > Keith Thompson wrote:

> [...]
> >> Any implementation that doesn't properly
> >> close all open files when the program terminates is broken, but if I
> >> write my own code properly I'll never notice.

> > Pardon me, but are you being vaguely reproving (of my views)?

> No, actually I was agreeing with you.

Thank you. An error of judgement on my part.