Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > BootCamps Is It Worth It?

BootCamps Is It Worth It?

smith@msn.com

Question?

Is it worth to take attend a MCSD.NET boot camp?

I appreciate any insight

Steven

>Is it worth to take attend a MCSD.NET boot camp?

If you work with the product, there is certainly no need to attend any
sort of training (let those 'bootcamps') in order to pass these type
of exams. The prep guide and msdn are all you need.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

smith@msn.com

Well, think I going to do it.

To get all done in 14 days would be a good boost to my resume at this point.

Steven

>Well, think I going to do it.

As long as you're not paying for it.

>To get all done in 14 days would be a good boost to my resume at this point.

Don't count on it.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

smith@msn.com

so what is the MCSD POINT?

Eric

> Well, think I going to do it.
>
> To get all done in 14 days would be a good boost to my resume at this
> point.
>
> Steven

I have a real problem with anyone is telling you 14 days is the right
timeframe to get MCSD starting from scratch!

Surely you can tell that this is either illegal, or deceitful.

On the other hand, 14 weeks might be more realistic. Assuming you have
at least 40 hours of training a week.

If you're studying on a parttime basis, then 14 weeks would be right
for 1 test.

>so what is the MCSD POINT?

Take a look around at all the scams, the brain dumps and cheats that
thrive on making money out of the ms certification process. Ask
yourself this question: - When point is a 'certification' if the
certification does prove the holder is actual worthy of the title?
This is why most company don't give a damn about microsoft
certifications.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Rick

i am in a mcsd bootcamp right now and there is no way
that i could have passed the exams without this ... my
particular camp is not a memory cramp session ... we are
ACTUALLY learning .net technology ... i don't regret it a
bit ..

smith@msn.com

I have been working with the .NET Framework on my own for a year. Pretty
much all of my training has come from the world of hard knocks (Me banging
my head against the table).

And lets be practical, working (40-60 hours) and finding time to study for
exams that don't necessarily match the real world can be tough.

Yes, it is expensive but the compression of time and gaining the credentials
has its appeal.

Now some would say the real world experience is what companies are looking
for, but I have more than 9 years experience and no college degree. The
current employment market is employers' market.

Daniel Joskovski

To achieve good understanding of .NET (needed for MCAD) you must have about
50 days training 4 hours each day, that time is sufficient for going thru 6
MSDN courses ( for example 2159, 2389, 2565, 2310, 2524, 2557) from my
experience. That means you need at last 200 hours of hard dedicated training
and I am pretty much sure that same is valid for some independed track. So
if that BootCamps manage to put 200 effective hours in two weeks it's O.K.
Regards,
Daniel

news:029901c3fa9d$17bf0530$(E-Mail Removed)...

BootCamps? MattWoberts MCSD 2 01-21-2005 03:20 AM
Bootcamps Jay Figer Microsoft Certification 3 06-03-2004 01:17 AM
bootcamps / training .net John MCSD 2 02-05-2004 02:08 PM
Re: MCSD Bootcamps? sunil chandra MCSD 0 08-08-2003 09:55 PM
MCSD Bootcamps? Narendra MCSD 2 08-04-2003 04:53 PM

Advertisments