Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > R: reading an excel file in C?

R: reading an excel file in C?

Turner, GS \(Geoff\)

Only if the file is saved as an CSV file, with TAB delimiters.
Otherwise it could be quotes and commas seperating cells, again
if it's a CSV.
If it's an XLS, then you need to find the file format.

GST

Steffen Buehler

Turner, GS (Geoff) wrote:

>> From: siliconwafer [(E-Mail Removed)]

>> I want to know,How can one read an Excel file into C,cell by cell?

> If it's an XLS, then you need to find the file format.

Which is proprietary, of course. And no C stuff, anyway.

Hint: googling for "WorkbooksPtr" could help ...

Best regards
Steffen