Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > reading an excel file in C?

reading an excel file in C?

siliconwafer

Hi All,
I want to know,How can one read an Excel file into C,cell by cell?
Further I want to compare 2 excel files,cell by cell.
I know a crude way which is not working.
I can open an xls file and read it character by character untill a
'\t'(TAB).Then again read it char by char.
I think this should work since an Excel file is nothing but a tab
seperated strings.Am I correct?
What can be an elegant way?
Thanks,
-Siliconwafer