Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C IRC channels ...

C IRC channels ...

Coder

Are there any good IRC channels related to C programming ?

Shostakovich3@gmail.com

#c on any server

Simon Morgan

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:59:27 -0700, Coder wrote:

> Are there any good IRC channels related to C programming ?

##C on irc.freenode.net

--
"Being a social outcast helps you stay | '(E-Mail Removed)'.encode('rot-13')
concentrated on the really important |

Richard Heathfield

Coder wrote:

> Are there any good IRC channels related to C programming ?

Last I checked, Undernet's #c channel had become a haven for those wishing
to advertise dating services, Dalnet's #c was fine if you could actually
connect (which you probably can't), Efnet's #c ops delighted in banning
people for being politely correct, and Freenode's ##c appears to be devoted
to rubbishing C and insulting anyone unwise enough to ask a C question.

In short, the answer would appear to be "no". Freenode's ##c is probably the
best of a bad bunch; if you are patient and can keep a civil tongue in your
head despite ludicrous provocation, you can sometimes bump into someone
both knowledgeable and polite. Look for nicks like prec, defrost, and twkm
- and avoid Zhivago, pragma_, and other trolls.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

Looking for Game Dev IRC channels/mailing lists/forums h4lfl1ng Ruby 0 01-19-2007 09:20 PM
IRC Channels for MCDST turmat MCDST 2 08-14-2005 12:42 PM
IRC channels list updated vruz Ruby 0 03-06-2005 06:49 PM
summary of available Ruby channels (IRC) Simon Strandgaard Ruby 3 10-18-2004 12:28 PM
what is good irc networks and channels avialable for c programmers d C Programming 1 11-16-2003 08:29 AM

Advertisments