Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Microsoft suggested study books or other?

Microsoft suggested study books or other?

Dave

Hi all,

I'm just starting to study for the MCSD exams. Microsoft
Press has official training guides published for these
exams, but I'm wondering if books published by other
publishers would be better. I heard from a co-worker that
books published by the publisher Sybex are pretty good.
Can someone experienced give me a tip or two? It will be
greatly appreciated!

Jim

If you are interested in taking the C# exams I recommend
purchasing the Microsoft .NET Core Requirements pacakage.
I have 4 ok books on the material from the test. The good
thing is everything in these books could be on the test.
I am a recent certified MCAD and studying for my MCSD and
I found this set to be useful.

With that said I must admit the best book out there for
ASP .NET is ASP .NET Unleashed. what a great book.
Second Professionl CD# 2nd edition is good also, it has
more information on Assemblies than any book I have
found. Lastly, the .NET Web Services Architecture and
implementation by Andrew Layman is a great book on web
services.

I know I gave you more than you needed, but I have all the
above books. The exams are difficult if you have no
experience in .net.

Jim

UAError

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm just starting to study for the MCSD exams. Microsoft
>Press has official training guides published for these
>exams, but I'm wondering if books published by other
>publishers would be better. I heard from a co-worker that
>books published by the publisher Sybex are pretty good.
>Can someone experienced give me a tip or two? It will be
>greatly appreciated!

(Assuming MSCD.NET here)

Some people like the Microsoft Guides - others will tell you
that they are totally inadequate.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0735619271
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0735619263
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0735615861
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0735618941

I'm having a good experience with Amit Kalani's Training Guides:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...037164-2087023
http://www.amitkalani.com

If you have an extensive .NET background you may want to stick with his
ExamCram versions of the Training Guides.

Don't waste your time with the PrepLogic exams that come with the books.

You may also want to browse through one of my earlier posts for additional information:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...c9oj%404ax.com