Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Connection to the database

Connection to the database

sabarish

hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
database through C program"? I asked sevaral people. Nobody give right
answer. Please send me how can i do that.

Alex Fraser

"sabarish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
> database through C program"?

By using a platform- and/or database-specific API, which makes the question
off-topic in comp.lang.c.

Alex

sabarish

sir which is on Windows 2000 Advanced Server O.S and i need a
connection to Oracle 8i

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
sabarish <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>sir which is on Windows 2000 Advanced Server O.S and i need a
>connection to Oracle 8i

How nice for you.

James T. Sprinkle

Google for oracle proc precompiler.

JaYmZ

"Kenny McCormack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dcqf4i$f2h$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> sabarish <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >sir which is on Windows 2000 Advanced Server O.S and i need a
> >connection to Oracle 8i

> How nice for you.

Keith Thompson

"sabarish" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> hi friends. i have a question that is "how can we connect to the
> database through C program"? I asked sevaral people. Nobody give right
> answer. Please send me how can i do that.

Please tell all the other people who were given the same homework
assignment that comp.lang.c is not the place to ask this question.
Thank you.

Kenny McCormack

In article <K%5Ie.6$(E-Mail Removed)>,
James T. Sprinkle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Google for oracle proc precompiler.
>
>JaYmZ

Thanks, but no thanks.

James McIninch

The problem is, of course, that there's no right answer.

The C language specifies no method for connecting to databases. Perhaps
there are APIs for particular enviornments that implement functions to
connect to databases, but those will likely vary quite a bit depending on
the platform in question and even the database that you are interested in
connecting to.

In short, your question has no general answer. Consult your database and
platform documentation for more information.

--
Remove '.nospam' from e-mail address to reply by e-mail

James T. Sprinkle

Who asked you for your opinion?

JaYmZ
"Kenny McCormack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dcrhpg$jbe$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <K%5Ie.6$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> James T. Sprinkle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Google for oracle proc precompiler.
> >
> >JaYmZ

> Thanks, but no thanks.

Alan Balmer

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:43:44 GMT, "James T. Sprinkle"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Who asked you for your opinion?

I'd say you invited it when you told him to"Google for oracle proc
precompiler". Why did you think he would want to do that? Or didn't
you know who you were replying to? BTW, don't top-post.

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting