Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > c decompiler

c decompiler

chellappa

Hi there everybody..
I have a object(a.out) file which is running on a Linux..
I need to decompile this objectfile to c source code.Can anybody tell
me where to
get a good c decompiler or how to go about this.
Thanking you all in advance
Chellappa

CBFalconer

+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

ashok.s.das@gmail.com

is it in elf format??? if it is in aout format then you can have
convert back to
..c file but it is difficult.
first you have to reverse engineer it to .asm or .s then u can use
asm2c to get your work done. but the end result is not exactly the same
as original.

Russell Shaw

> is it in elf format??? if it is in aout format then you can have
> convert back to
> .c file but it is difficult.
> first you have to reverse engineer it to .asm or .s then u can use
> asm2c to get your work done. but the end result is not exactly the same
> as original.

cow -> hamburger easy
hamburger -> functional_cow a little harder

Kenneth Brody

Russell Shaw wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > is it in elf format??? if it is in aout format then you can have
> > convert back to
> > .c file but it is difficult.
> > first you have to reverse engineer it to .asm or .s then u can use
> > asm2c to get your work done. but the end result is not exactly the same
> > as original.

> cow -> hamburger easy
> hamburger -> functional_cow a little harder

You might be able to get it back into the shape of a cow relatively
easily. However, it may or may not look anything like the original
cow(s).

Don't e-mail me at: <(E-Mail Removed)>

Das

Yes harder, but for educational purposes it is ok. but there is no
guarantee the code will be compiled and give actual result.

CBFalconer

Das wrote:

> Yes harder, but for educational purposes it is ok. but there is
> no guarantee the code will be compiled and give actual result.

Is this supposed to have some meaning? Include suitable context.
See my sig. below for how to do it even with the google usenet
interface.

Decompiler for GAL JEDEC fusemap azcycle VHDL 3 11-26-2011 08:55 AM
VB.NET DLL Decompiler Schultz ASP .Net 1 02-21-2005 03:52 AM
Decompiler .Net - how to avoid? Pietro ASP .Net 8 02-17-2005 01:55 PM
ANN: 9Rays.Spices.Net [asm.browser, analyzer, obfuscator, decompiler, modeler]v3.4.2 released Al Ponomarev ASP .Net 3 05-03-2004 07:52 PM
Java Decompiler gmcdanie Java 30 02-19-2004 09:43 PM

Advertisments