Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD - 70-305 Self Paced Training

MCSD - 70-305 Self Paced Training

Rochelle

Hello,

I have a question regarding Virutal Dirs and VS .Net that
hopefully someone can help me with.

Chap 2 of this book deals with setting up Virtual Dirs
and then creating them as subwebs using FPSEs' so VS .Net
can create and maintain Web apps in the new "folder".

1) I am good to go on creating VD and Subwebs and checked
them. (know my setup is correct because creating a Web
Project from VS and saving it creates my VD automatically
and all is correct. I know I can do it this way but want
to know how to do it other way around too as in the book!
(ie - create VD's first then, save new projects)
2) So, I have a VD subweb http://(localhost)/MyProject in
IIS which maps to local dir c:\Projects but when I go to
create a new Web Project in VS and save.. I can see my
new VD but I get the following error on save

"The default Web access mode for this project is set to
file share, but the project folder
at 'http://localhost/MyProject' cannot be
opened with the path 'c:\MyProjects'. The error returned
was:

Unable to create Web Project "MyProject". The UNC
share 'c:\MyProjects' does not exist or you do not have
access.

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks
Rochelle