Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Twain development

Twain development

samuabreu

I'm currently developing an API of Twain for Java. As Twain is
implemented in C (and in fact Im writing and calling C methods from the
app) I couldn't find a better group to search for twain development
related issues.
Here's my question:
Does anyone know why when I negociate the capabilities ICAP_XRESOLUTION
and ICAP_YRESOLUTION I'm getting all sorts of repeated random values
like:

100, 100, 0, 0, 117, 5, 8, 0, 87, 78, 79, 83, 115, 116, 112, 112, 46,
111, 0, 7, 8, 0, 14, 13, 15, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5.

Im using TW_ENUMERATION as the container to get supported values. When
I use TW_ONEVALUE it works fine (100 for both X and Y). I'm using a
Mitsubishi flatbed scanner as Source.

Any help? Thanks a lot.

Samuel Mendonša

Flash Gordon

samuabreu wrote:
> I'm currently developing an API of Twain for Java. As Twain is
> implemented in C (and in fact Im writing and calling C methods from the
> app) I couldn't find a better group to search for twain development
> related issues.

You can't be very good at searching. It took me under 30 seconds to find
the mailing lists over on twain.org.

> Here's my question:
> Does anyone know why when I negociate the capabilities ICAP_XRESOLUTION

<snip>

All completely off topic here. We only deal with programming in C, not
the billions of pieces of software and libraries that other people have
written in C.

"My toaster has a microcontroler that was programmed in C and it's
burning toast. How do I make it stop toasting before the toast is burnt?"
--
Flash Gordon
Living in interesting times.

Twain Client Side Bob Allen ASP .Net 1 05-29-2005 08:23 AM
Java / TWAIN / HP Scanner question No Such Luck Java 0 04-22-2005 04:13 PM
Accessing twain device from java program Gary Java 0 09-23-2004 01:22 PM
Re: Image Scanning - TWAIN equivalent Brendan Duffy ASP .Net 0 07-24-2003 08:29 AM
Win2K Pro and Twain drivers Skot Computer Support 1 07-08-2003 03:51 PM

Advertisments