Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C89 standard rationale or draft, where to download?

C89 standard rationale or draft, where to download?

acthom

Hi, all,
Is it possible to find C89 standard rationale or draft version
on the Internet?(NOT the C99 version). Any urls?
Thank you in advance.

--
Best regards,
acthom

Richard Heathfield

acthom wrote:

> Hi, all,
> Is it possible to find C89 standard rationale or draft version
> on the Internet?(NOT the C99 version). Any urls?
> Thank you in advance.

Check the reply I gave to your question in another group where you asked it.
No doubt you only post in groups you read regularly, so you should have no
trouble finding that reply.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

Cong Wang

It is easy to find C89 on Internet.But where POSIX can be found?I know
it is NOT free!

Alexei A. Frounze

"Cong Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> It is easy to find C89 on Internet.But where POSIX can be found?I know
> it is NOT free!

Depends on what exactly you're looking for. There's Single Unix
Specification available for free. It includes a lot of info on C/Unix/POSIX
functions, shell commands, utilities, and other things.

Alex

acthom

Richard Heathfield wrote:

> acthom wrote:
>
>> Hi, all,
>> Is it possible to find C89 standard rationale or draft version
>> on the Internet?(NOT the C99 version). Any urls?
>> Thank you in advance.

> Check the reply I gave to your question in another group where you asked
> it. No doubt you only post in groups you read regularly, so you should
> have no trouble finding that reply.

You have posted it on alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++? Your reply does not exist
on my newsreader. Maybe there is a problem with my USENET service
provider.

P.S. Yeah! I found your reply on another server. Thank you.

Dave Thompson

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:01:06 +0400, "Alexei A. Frounze"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Cong Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >

> > It is easy to find C89 on Internet.But where POSIX can be found?I know
> > it is NOT free!

> Depends on what exactly you're looking for. There's Single Unix
> Specification available for free. It includes a lot of info on C/Unix/POSIX
> functions, shell commands, utilities, and other things.

Free-beer w/registration, download/online at www.unix.org/version3 .
And SUSv3 (2001), POSIX-2001, and 9945:2003 were converged to
identical contents by the "Austin group" process. Although I believe
there have been delays in adoption of the TCs, leading to formal
differences for some periods of time.

- David.Thompson1 at worldnet.att.net