Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > How to set a ms access password?

How to set a ms access password?

matthiaspateck@gmx.de

Hi there,

i have to set a password for my access database through java, but the
driver did not support the standard sql command. So i have to get down
to a c solution. But, i have no idea where to start I already
programmed some jni dll's, but in this case, i need some help finding
the way through the WinApi or what i have to use...

So, can anyone help me?
Thanks a lot

matthiaspateck@gmx.de

Ok, i will try it there.

Thank you

Lawrence Kirby

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 01:43:34 -0700, matthiaspateck wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> i have to set a password for my access database through java, but the
> driver did not support the standard sql command. So i have to get down
> to a c solution.

Infortunately standard C doesn't support SQL at all.

> But, i have no idea where to start I already
> programmed some jni dll's, but in this case, i need some help finding
> the way through the WinApi or what i have to use...

FOr Windows related information you'll need to try a Windows related
newsgroup or perhaps one of the microsoft.* newsgroups.

Lawrence

BGreene

nothing to do with C
"Lawrence Kirby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) k...
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 01:43:34 -0700, matthiaspateck wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > i have to set a password for my access database through java, but the
> > driver did not support the standard sql command. So i have to get down
> > to a c solution.

> Infortunately standard C doesn't support SQL at all.
>
> > But, i have no idea where to start I already
> > programmed some jni dll's, but in this case, i need some help finding
> > the way through the WinApi or what i have to use...

> FOr Windows related information you'll need to try a Windows related
> newsgroup or perhaps one of the microsoft.* newsgroups.
>
> Lawrence

Anonymous 7843

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i have to set a password for my access database through java, but the
> driver did not support the standard sql command. So i have to get down
> to a c solution. But, i have no idea where to start I already
> programmed some jni dll's, but in this case, i need some help finding
> the way through the WinApi or what i have to use...

It might be easier to switch to a JDBC driver that supports passwords.
--
7842++

Dai Wei

Try HXTT Access, a pure Java type 4 JDBC package for MS Access, which
supports Access password, but doesn't support encrypted MS Access
databse. It's availabe at www.hxtt.net.

CBFalconer

Dai Wei wrote:

> Try HXTT Access, a pure Java type 4 JDBC package for MS Access, which
> supports Access password, but doesn't support encrypted MS Access
> databse. It's availabe at www.hxtt.net.

Please do not clutter c.l.c with off-topic answers, which cannot be
properly evaluated here. The only reasonable answer to off-topic
material is a redirection to an appropriate news-group.