Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Problem while transferring mail ids from MS-outlook to the application

Problem while transferring mail ids from MS-outlook to the application

vamsikrishna_b@coolgoose.com

Hello all,the following problem i encountered while transferring
data(mail ids) from MS-outlook to one application.Some mail ids after
came into the application looked as strange characters.Eg are [@ [.
[,@ . etc.I thought these are the Ascii characters but
i'm not quite sure about this.And also each mail id following a certain
format as you can observe from the above mail ids.Only one string is
repeating in all the 3 parts of the mail id.Is there any procedure to
convert these characters to the plain letters.I hope somebody will help
me in this regard to unfold this mystery.Bye.

Best Regards,
Vamsi

SM Ryan

# Hello all,the following problem i encountered while transferring
# data(mail ids) from MS-outlook to one application.Some mail ids after
# came into the application looked as strange characters.Eg are [=C5@ [=C5.
# [=C5,=A9=C4@ =A9=C4. =A9=C4 etc.I thought these are the Ascii characters but

Looks like MIME quoted-printable encoding. You can look up MIME encoding on
Google get more information about MIME. Most systems nowadays have libraries
that can handle MIME encodings and attachments for you.

--
SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
JUSTICE!

Keith Thompson

SM Ryan <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Hello all,the following problem i encountered while transferring
> > data(mail ids) from MS-outlook to one application.Some mail ids
> > after came into the application looked as strange characters.Eg
> > are [=C5@ [=C5. [=C5,=A9=C4@ =A9=C4. =A9=C4 etc.I thought these
> > are the Ascii characters but

> Looks like MIME quoted-printable encoding. You can look up MIME encoding on
> Google get more information about MIME. Most systems nowadays have libraries
> that can handle MIME encodings and attachments for you.

Maybe. In my newsreader, the original article contained some accented
characters. In your followup, it looked like quoted-printable ("=C5"
and so forth). I'm not certain whether your newsreader, my
newsreader, or something else converted it.

(BTW, I've changed your obnoxious "#" quoting characters to ">" yet
again.)