Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > How to deal with time in C ?

How to deal with time in C ?

yatindran@gmail.com

Does your hardware have a timer chip like 8254 or something? in that
case,
int baseAddress, counter0, counter1, counter2;

baseAddress = N; /* your 8254 card's base address in decimal */

counter0 = baseAddress;
counter1 = baseAddress + 1;
counter2 = baseAddress + 2;

use outb functions(family of functions for low level I/O)
outb(counter0,NUM);
and you can program the timer in a convinient mode, and write an
interrupt service routine.I think this will work for "40 milli
seconds."

srikanth

Thank you for every one , but i still dint follow some answers (as i
told you, in past i never deal with time ).
thank you,
srikanth