Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Bloodshed C or Miracle C?

Bloodshed C or Miracle C?

PCHOME

Hi!

I am looking for a good free IDE C Compiler.
Dose any have experience on using them?
Which is better? Bloodshed C or Miracle C?

Or anyother free IDE C Compiler you like to recomend?

Thank you so much!

jacob navia

PCHOME wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am looking for a good free IDE C Compiler.
> Dose any have experience on using them?
> Which is better? Bloodshed C or Miracle C?
>
> Or anyother free IDE C Compiler you like to recomend?
>
> Thank you so much!

Miracle C is a 16 bit compiler for DOS.
I do not know about its IDE.

Bloodshed uses gcc as compiler, a 32 bit compiler.

Another free compiler is Watcom, you can download it from:
http://www.openwatcom.org/ (C+C++)

Another free compiler (without the IDE) is
Minimalist gcc for windows (MINGW)

And I am not finished yet.
Pelles C is another one, with IDE, and an active user group.
http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/

Microsoft allows downloads of some command line tools.
Search at MSDN for their free versions. No debugger
available but you can download Windbg for free.

Borland does the same, and you can download their command
line tools from their site. No IDE or debugger included.

I think I forgot one, but to avoid flame wars will not
mention it again...

jacob

Emmanuel Delahaye

jacob navia wrote on 10/06/05 :
> I think I forgot one, but to avoid flame wars will not
> mention it again...

He he! Well done !

--
Emmanuel

"There are 10 types of people in the world today;
those that understand binary, and those that dont."

Paul Mesken

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:28:06 +0200, jacob navia
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think I forgot one, but to avoid flame wars will not
>mention it again...

This one?

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

You cannot avoid flame wars. There's a fanatical clique here that uses
the Standard as a Bible for their religion and as a reason for Holy
Wars. I wonder if they have time to program at all

PCHOME

Thank you so much very your help!
Have a nice day.

CBFalconer

Paul Mesken wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I think I forgot one, but to avoid flame wars will not
>> mention it again...

> This one?
>
> http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

However that was a context in which it would have generated no
hubris. The objections are to pushing the non-standardisms.

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Paul Mesken <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:28:06 +0200, jacob navia
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I think I forgot one, but to avoid flame wars will not
>>mention it again...

>This one?
>
>http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32
>
>You cannot avoid flame wars. There's a fanatical clique here that uses
>the Standard as a Bible for their religion and as a reason for Holy
>Wars. I wonder if they have time to program at all

Well said, sir!

The funny thing is how similar those people are to the religious fundies
who are currently running this country (the USA). And yet, I would imagine
(although I certainly can't be sure of this - and it would be funny to find
out that the opposite is true) that these same people (the religious nuts
of this newsgroup) are normal, sensible, people in real life.